Forum-related only, not for feedback on watches or general CW-feedback
pieronip
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Captcha Codes

Post by pieronip »

Hi

I somehow got myself logged out and when I tried to log back in I had to fill in a nice colourful 'captcha' code.

I'm all in favour of stopping spammers but although I have normal colour vision, it took me ELEVEN attempts to get the code right!

Does the team think it could still be safe if the codes were just a litle easier to read?

Cheers.
downer
CW-watches: 4

Re: Captcha Codes

Post by downer »

pieronip wrote:Hi

I somehow got myself logged out and when I tried to log back in I had to fill in a nice colourful 'captcha' code.

I'm all in favour of stopping spammers but although I have normal colour vision, it took me ELEVEN attempts to get the code right!

Does the team think it could still be safe if the codes were just a litle easier to read?

Cheers.
+100. I recently screwed up my password/logon (I blamed someone else for the situation), but those codes are bloody impossible to read. I almost gave up and reinvented myself. :)
Richard
highway62

Post by highway62 »

+1000

without doubt the most difficult one of these codes I have EVER had to deal with! :shock:
Lamps
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2
LE-two: yes

Post by Lamps »

I've logged myself out a couple of times recently, and have not seen these codes.
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by st-rider »

lamppo_the_GasFitter wrote:I've logged myself out a couple of times recently, and have not seen these codes.
+1 ditto.
Alex

Caitlin: "What did Ducky look like when he was younger?"
Gibbs: "Illya Kuryakin" :D
highway62

Post by highway62 »

You have to get your login wrong a few times for the torture to begin
CornishDave
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by CornishDave »

I find that if I get logged out and forget my password it is nigh on impossible to get back in with the new password that is sent out. I can only access this site with Opera, as Firefox has lost it and although I have tried with Hans sending me new passwords they will not log in. If I get logged out on Opera I shall never be able to post again!! :shock: I have no idea what my Opera login password is!
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I will have to defer these questions to Hans, as he is the supreme techno wizard around here.

As to the spammers...even with the safeguards that are now in place, about 2-6 manage to get through daily. It is a rare day that I am not deleting some.......so be careful.....you might be next! :lol:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
pieronip
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by pieronip »

highway62 wrote:You have to get your login wrong a few times for the torture to begin
Yes - that's what it tells you but in my case I actually had NOT tried to log in. I can only think that either someone had tried to kidnap my forum identity or the count of login attempts has a glitch.
highway62

Post by highway62 »

my own misery started after only two mistakes which seemed a bit harsh! :lol: