Gallery Archive suggestion

Forum-related only, not for feedback on watches or general CW-feedback
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Gallery Archive suggestion

Post by Tyke »

I've posted this in a reply to RustyinRochester on the main page, but thought it could do with going on here as well;

What would be nice would be to have a set of pinned Gallery Topics, either relating to watch style/category (sports, divers etc) or specific models so people could post their own pictures in one place to build a portfolio for each model. This would make life much easier for people trying to track down images rather than having to sift through multiple different threads. The one proviso for something like this would be for it to be pictures with titles only - no chat / replies to muddy things.

I appreciate with the growing number of models, it might be necessary to restrict it to gender/style so as not to block the entire 1st Gallery page.

As the mods could pin these up with a brief instructions then setup time would be minimal.
androo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Re: Gallery Archive suggestion

Post by androo »

I suggested this a while ago to Yoda. Nothing seems to have come about. It is a great idea as most buy due to forum pics. That is why when I have shown my collection I put the code in (e.g C80GB1 IPK) or state they are on non original straps. If say i post 3 pics of my C1 someone can add pics of the othere versions or different supplied starps etc. and as you say NO comments
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

I'll happily fully document all 7 different watches we have in our collection if it helps anyone make a choice to buy or indeed not to buy a particular model. This would also be useful as a back catalogue for discontinued models that people might like to see if they are interested in buying previously owned watches.
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Post by Mortis »

Yes please to this, perhaps in a separate sub-forum.
And absolutely NO comments - just pictures.
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

Mortis wrote:Yes please to this, perhaps in a separate sub-forum.
And absolutely NO comments - just pictures.

Good Man! :D Quick , go & menace Kip into doing it! :lol:
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

All we need to do is to allow members pics to be posted in the archive... Wouldn't that work?
Richard
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

downer wrote:All we need to do is to allow members pics to be posted in the archive... Wouldn't that work?
Not sure that the mods would like us cluttering up THE historical CW archive with our snaps, so it's probably best to use the area we can already access without any major changes. The gallery section is also more in the eyeline & easier to spot new posts etc.