C8 Regulator LE

Take some photos of your CW wristwatch and post them here!
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

C8 Regulator LE

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

This is the Regulator that some will argue isn't for it's lack of minute markers, but I'm not fussed about that. I just love it for its clean, stark, minimal look. :D

Think I'm going to have fun with straps. I've done one change already from the camel Tiber it came on to an 'old school' C8 riveted strap and its completely changed the look. What next?

One point; the sapphire crystal has an AR coating, but its a devil's job to get a clean shot (without reflection) when taking photos indoors; I've yet to venture outside with it.

The Côtes de Genève finish on bridge is fabulous, particularly through the smoked glass display back, as it reflects differing amounts of light depending on the angle its viewed at.

I haven't got any suitable photos of WW2 bombers to set it against, so I thought Concorde from my calendar that, in several ways, is an evolution of the Vulcan bomber, would do.

Finally, a few shots 'on the wrist'.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Re: C8 Regulator LE

Post by DEV.Woulf »

That is amazing, and better looking than the first version (which was nice too). :thumbup:
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by tempusmaximus »

Superb pictures of a cracking looking watch , love the movement pictures . :thumbup:
Bernie
Psalty
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Psalty »

That watch is as handsome as can be, and I don't really didn't used to like all black watches.
Gregory
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Excellent photos Guy :clap: 8)
It is a beauty, delighted you were able to get it.
Bahnstormer_vRS

Psalty wrote:That watch is as handsome as can be, and I don't really didn't used to like all black watches.
Neither did I (used to like black watches) but thought I ought to give it a go.

I considered the C8 Flyer PR for some time and concluded there was too much going on, in terms of detail, on the dial.

The Regulator sorted that and is less outlay.

Guy

Guy

Sent from my Xperia Z Premium using Tapatalk

Bahnstormer_vRS

MiniMpi wrote:Excellent photos Guy :clap: 8)
It is a beauty, delighted you were able to get it.
Thanks as always Ferg.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia Z Premium using Tapatalk

Psalty
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Psalty »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Neither did I (used to like black watches) but thought I ought to give it a go.

I considered the C8 Flyer PR for some time and concluded there was too much going on, in terms of detail, on the dial.
And I can see why. The two versions are both handsome, but I think which captures your attention will be a factor of whether you love the every-second-counts aesthetic of WW2 aircraft instrumentation or the consolidation of the design into its rudimental parts better. I can see both, but love the simplicity of the one that you have picked. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Gregory
BerlinCW
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by BerlinCW »

Greetings,

I like the clean, stark and minimalistic look.

Excellent pictures!
garrettwp
Junior
Junior

Post by garrettwp »

Just a beautiful watch! I really want to pick one up! Must hold back my temptations.

- Garrett
Coleburns

Post by Coleburns »

Is there a review for this watch anyone can point me to? I haven't been able to find one anywhere
Psalty
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Psalty »

Coleburns wrote:Is there a review for this watch anyone can point me to? I haven't been able to find one anywhere
http://wornandwound.com/introducing-lim ... pher-ward/
Gregory
Coleburns

Post by Coleburns »

Psalty wrote:
Coleburns wrote:Is there a review for this watch anyone can point me to? I haven't been able to find one anywhere
Thanks a lot. Though i had seen that article but it's not really a review. I am new to CW and stumbled on the regulator. I like the design alot and felt the price was reasonable but I also saw the article on the STEINHART MARINE REGULATEUR which is half the price. So i am trying to understand the pricing a bit better.
It seems CW isn't very popular( which i like) but a direct result is that there are no thorough reviews.
Psalty
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Psalty »

Coleburns wrote:
Psalty wrote:
Thanks a lot. Though i had seen that article but it's not really a review. I am new to CW and stumbled on the regulator. I like the design alot and felt the price was reasonable but I also saw the article on the STEINHART MARINE REGULATEUR which is half the price. So i am trying to understand the pricing a bit better.
It seems CW isn't very popular( which i like) but a direct result is that there are no thorough reviews.
You're welcome, Colburns. Within the article is a link (http://wornandwound.com/review/christop ... or-review/) to a review of the earlier C8 on which this watch is based, which may give you more of the sort of info you're looking for.
Gregory
Coleburns

Post by Coleburns »

Psalty wrote:
Coleburns wrote:
You're welcome, Colburns. Within the article is a link (http://wornandwound.com/review/christop ... or-review/) to a review of the earlier C8 on which this watch is based, which may give you more of the sort of info you're looking for.
Thanks a lot. Exactly what i needed. I prefer the newer design also