C1000 Typhoon 'Cockpit Edition'

Take some photos of your CW wristwatch and post them here!
dodsi
Junior
Junior

Re: C1000 Typhoon 'Cockpit Edition'

Post by dodsi »

The pictures you have taken show this off way better than the stock image! Nice!
EddieTheBeast
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by EddieTheBeast »

I received my C1000 typhoon 'Cockpit Edition' a couple of days ago. I really like the watch but have a few questions:

1. In the owner's handbook it states the following:

'PLEASE NOTE: Date correction should not be carried out between 8pm and 2am as the watch gearing will already be aligning itself to change the date.'

Even though the watch does not show a date, does the movement still go through the change process? Does this mean do not change the time between 8pm and 2am?

2. The specification in the owner's handbook states 42 hour power reserve. However, the C60 Trident Chronograph Pro 600 with the same movement states 48 hour power reserve. Why is this different?

3. Does anyone know the best setting for a watch winder for this watch because of the way the Valjoux 7750 movement's winding rotor works, clockwise or anticlockwise or other?

4. Will the High-density nylon strap remain stiff for a long time?
Dean
Aifo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Aifo »

EddieTheBeast wrote:I received my C1000 typhoon 'Cockpit Edition' a couple of days ago. I really like the watch but have a few questions:

'PLEASE NOTE: Date correction should not be carried out between 8pm and 2am as the watch gearing will already be aligning itself to change the date.'

Even though the watch does not show a date, does the movement still go through the change process? Does this mean do not change the time between 8pm and 2am?

2. The specification in the owner's handbook states 42 hour power reserve. However, the C60 Trident Chronograph Pro 600 with the same movement states 48 hour power reserve. Why is this different?

3. Does anyone know the best setting for a watch winder for this watch because of the way the Valjoux 7750 movement's winding rotor works, clockwise or anticlockwise or other?

On 1, you can adjust the time anytime of the day, it is the date adjustment that should be avoided between 8pm to 2am but since the cockpit typhoon does not show date, the instruction is irrelevant.

No idea on the rest though :)
Incoming: 0
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

#2. The manufactures spec for the 7750 states a 44 hour reserve. A bit of research will find that the actual reserve is all over the place. Even over 50 hours on some watches. Not sure why the discrepancy others than conservative estimates. Wind yours and let them run. Then you will know what yours really is.

#3. The answer you seek can be found in the Forum Archives. Look at the specifications spreadsheet under the Battery/TPD (turns per day) tab. You will find that the Valjoux 7750 requires 800 TPD in a clockwise direction.

Can' t help on #4 as I don't like the nylon straps so have no personal experience with them.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
EddieTheBeast
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by EddieTheBeast »

Aifo wrote:
EddieTheBeast wrote:I received my C1000 typhoon 'Cockpit Edition' a couple of days ago. I really like the watch but have a few questions:

On 1, you can adjust the time anytime of the day, it is the date adjustment that should be avoided between 8pm to 2am but since the cockpit typhoon does not show date, the instruction is irrelevant.

No idea on the rest though :)
Kip wrote:#2. The manufactures spec for the 7750 states a 44 hour reserve. A bit of research will find that the actual reserve is all over the place. Even over 50 hours on some watches. Not sure why the discrepancy others than conservative estimates. Wind yours and let them run. Then you will know what yours really is.

#3. The answer you seek can be found in the Forum Archives. Look at the specifications spreadsheet under the Battery/TPD (turns per day) tab. You will find that the Valjoux 7750 requires 800 TPD in a clockwise direction.

Can' t help on #4 as I don't like the nylon straps so have no personal experience with them.
Thanks for the very useful replies Kip and Aifo.

Anyone got any experience with nylon straps? Do they remain so stiff?
Dean
BerlinCW
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by BerlinCW »

EddieTheBeast wrote:
Aifo wrote:

Anyone got any experience with nylon straps? Do they remain so stiff?
Greetings,

Having seen them in the flesh I think they will take sometime to break in.

They are good quality and well made.
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by srs1286 »

Congrats! Your photos are great.