Help, i'm a CW virgin.

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
ledleythlithp

Help, i'm a CW virgin.

Post by ledleythlithp »

Hello one and all, I'm new to all this so be gentle.
I am about to buy my first CW, The problem I have is I dont know which one.
I have narrowed it down to The Malvern Automatic (I have always felt that there is something very 'real' about an automatic watch) but I can't decide upon the coulour/finish. I have looked on the gallery and have seen some beautiful pictures of the C5 but apart from the black version it is difficult tell the difference between the white face and the silver face. The silver version appears to have a silver middle with a white outer rim whilst the white in the gallery (due to angle light etc) seems to have a sheen also. In the catalogue the white faced watch looks more cream in hue. If any of you have a white or a silver Malvern Automatic could you post a few pics to the gallery but stating which colour it is. Oh yeah the black looks rather cool also and thats not out of the question.
Ps, I cant wait, I'm getting a new watch, i'm getting a new watch.
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Re: Help, i'm a CW virgin.

Post by joerattz »

Hey, ledleythlithp, how's it going? Welcome to the board. If I can figure out how to do it, I am going to try to move this thread to the main forum since your post has nothing to do with the Forum LE.

Here is a link to some questionable quality pictures of my C5 with the white/cream dial. BTW, it is definitely a creamish color as opposed to a pristine show white color:

http://www.rattz.com/PublicPortal/publi ... matic.aspx

That black strap is not the CW strap. It is a cheap strap I already had I put on it for a while. The CW straps are much nicer than the black one in the pictures of mine. I will be getting a decent digital camera in about a month and I hope it will let me take some decent watch pictures.

I haven't seen a silver C5 in person, but from what I have read, I believe the white one (as opposed to the silver one) is the way to go.
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20
Daz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Daz »

8)
Uncle Bill
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12
LE-two: yes
Location: Mid-Sussex, just North of South Downs National Park

Post by Uncle Bill »

'I'm new to all this so be gentle.' ... heard this once before and it was a fib ... UB
Let us hope all politicians are masochists, that they may truly enjoy our fondest wishes...
President
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by President »

C5SSS

ledleythlithp

Post by ledleythlithp »

I am proud to announce the purchase of my first Chritopher Ward watch in the shape of a Malvern Automatic in silver with a tan strap, the only problem is...................................................................................................................................................................... I WANT IT NOW!!!!!
Uncle Bill
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12
LE-two: yes
Location: Mid-Sussex, just North of South Downs National Park

Post by Uncle Bill »

Never mind, Ledley, it'll be with you very soon - and you'll love it! Better than the photos... UB
Let us hope all politicians are masochists, that they may truly enjoy our fondest wishes...