C3 - the evolution...

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: C3 - the evolution...

Post by StrapMeister »

gaf1958 wrote:Well I’m a fan of the new Grand Tourer model - I think it looks great. I’ll possibly pick one up in the next year or so...
+1 I'm a big fan of the new GT model too...
I think they have achieved a great balance on the dial and a lovely retro style :thumbup:
PaulWB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 62
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by PaulWB »

I must admit I like the "vintage" styling with the horizontal sub-dials. One thing that doesn't look right is the black date wheel - why couldn't white have been used.

Whilst I do have a preference for blue dials, I am not sure about the silver sub-dials.

Paul
C1, C2, C3, C5, C6, C8, C9, C11, W6, C7/C70, 2009 FLE, 2012 FLE Red, 2013 FLE, 2015 FLE, C9 JH2, C900 WT

Member CWL Double Figures Club
nburgess
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by nburgess »

Agree that this new GT model looks very appealing. As stated above, it seems the C65 has taken a lot of the attention of these new line-ups.

Can't wait to see some real world pics of them though - especially the blue dial - I was immediately taken with the white dial upon it's release, but the blue is a real grower on me. :thumbup:
Neil
fantasque
Senior
Senior

Post by fantasque »

I really like the look of the new GT in Silver White. I think it would look nice on a mesh bracelet, I can't seem to find this as an option. Am I missing something or am I just bad at navigating the web-site.
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

Blue GT on the way. Probably be the week of the 21st before I get it however.
fantasque
Senior
Senior

Post by fantasque »

srs1286 wrote:Blue GT on the way. Probably be the week of the 21st before I get it however.
Very envious.... will have to start saving.
NotEnoughWrists
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by NotEnoughWrists »

I might wait for the next sale- pick one up at a bargain price :mrgreen: :escape:
So many watches, yet still so little time!
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

I have to be honest and say that I am not really a fan of the c3 mk1 albeit I understand the appeal of the different levels of the dial. The mk2 is probably a more useable looking chrono but again not that attractive to me.

The mk3 however I think the improvement in the case is fantastic and I really admired this from the off. We went through the FLE process and whilst I was very enthusiastic and was one of the first in line to buy, it does disappoint slightly with the legibility and I feel this may lead me to move it on at some point...much as that will be a disappointment after all the work that went into the FLE.

The new C3 Grand Tourer is another step forward in terms of having a great looking dial to go with the lovely case. The legibility looks much better and this might actually be a very useable chrono. The blue faced version is very nice too and I probably prefer that to the white one. CW certainly are producing some nice new watches of late and I think this should be a good seller for them, and I might be tempted myself.

Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
DillyDilly
Senior
Senior

Post by DillyDilly »

Saw a Mk1 C3 with serial number 00001 on eBay!
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

fantasque wrote:I really like the look of the new GT in Silver White. I think it would look nice on a mesh bracelet, I can't seem to find this as an option. Am I missing something or am I just bad at navigating the web-site.
I had the same thoughts about the mesh bracelet, so had a look to buy one separate. If you put the GT and 20mm mesh bracelet in your basket, apply the voucher code then bingo! £100 off so the mesh only costs £40, which would probably be roughly the cost difference for buying on mesh anyway, but this way you get another strap with the watch. I only did this to try by the way to see if it worked, I haven’t clicked ‘buy’ yet.
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes

Post by mabotham »

Certainly a lot of watch for money and looks good too !
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

TigerChris wrote:
fantasque wrote:I really like the look of the new GT in Silver White. I think it would look nice on a mesh bracelet, I can't seem to find this as an option. Am I missing something or am I just bad at navigating the web-site.
I had the same thoughts about the mesh bracelet, so had a look to buy one separate. If you put the GT and 20mm mesh bracelet in your basket, apply the voucher code then bingo! £100 off so the mesh only costs £40, which would probably be roughly the cost difference for buying on mesh anyway, but this way you get another strap with the watch. I only did this to try by the way to see if it worked, I haven’t clicked ‘buy’ yet.
That is some quality bargain shopping right there! If enough people order this combo CW just might add it to the website. I think the mesh will look really good. For leather I think a rally strap would give it the appropriate vintage vibe.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
Czechia
Senior
Senior

Post by Czechia »

I also agree the Grand Tourer is a little gem of a watch. I will be definitely be picking up one this year... and it's the first time I've seen the Mk1 above - WOW. A stunning timepiece - whats the size - 42mm? I wonder whats the chances of picking up one of these now :)
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

C3 - the evolution...

Post by gaf1958 »

Czechia wrote:whats the size - 42mm?

The MkI is 40mm with 20mm lugs.

CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
fantasque
Senior
Senior

Post by fantasque »

TigerChris wrote:
Thanks, that's a good idea.... now when is my birthday.