Stolen watch

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
FormerCWowner

Stolen watch

Post by FormerCWowner »

Bit of a long shot but I had my c60 trident pro 600 with a white dial and black bevel stolen. It was only a 2015 model but it took me forever to save up for and was probably still the most expensive thing I own. It was stolen from my flat with just about everything else I own and I don’t hold out much hope of ever seeing it again but just in case anyone sees or hears anything please contact me through this forum. No I wasn’t insured.

Thanks
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: Stolen watch

Post by Thegreyman »

Sorry to hear about that. Do you have any photos of the watch back showing the serial number, or a note of the serial number (should be written on the guarantee card) as your watch is a fairly common model so anything that would identify yours would be helpful.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
GINGER1974
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 12

Post by GINGER1974 »

Keep an eye on EBay as well. I had a C6 Orange Kingfisher ‘stolen’ by Royal Mail on its way back to Christopher Ward. It never turned up and that was about 15 months ago, but I still check for it every day!

Also, if you have the serial number email CW as they can add it to their watch list (no pun intended) if it ever goes back via them.

Cheers

Steve
MINI-Luke

Post by MINI-Luke »

"Also, if you have the serial number email CW as they can add it to their watch list (no pun intended) if it ever goes back via them."

That is interesting. I work in the film industry and there is a UK based manufacturer of lenses who provide a list of serial numbers for all theirs stolen from rental houses etc. Good idea.
FormerCWowner

Post by FormerCWowner »

Alas I don’t have anything with the serial number on anymore. I checked my email and I actually bought the watch in 2015 (I think I may have said 2016 before). Anyway I have emailed Christopher Ward customer services with my order number to see if they have a record of the serial number. It’s something at least :)
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

FormerCWowner wrote:Alas I don’t have anything with the serial number on anymore.
Were the box and papers also stolen or just the watch? If you have the watch manual, the guarantee card is normally part of the manual and the serial number should be written on the guarantee card.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
FormerCWowner

Post by FormerCWowner »

No just the watch - I’m not 100% sure where the box and papers are at the moment but hopefull CW customer services will come to my rescue.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Sorry for being a defeatist but I would be astonished if the CW team observed a stolen serial number go through the system - they may have a list, but I would be surprised if it's regularly / if ever checked.

Hope you get it back, but don't expect CW to call anytime soon.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
hsukirk
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Post by hsukirk »

Sorry to hear it, OP.

I was experienced the similar thing in Dec.2016 & emailed CW who claimed they do not hold/register stolen watches record. However, I sincerely hope they have since implemented said system.
FormerCWowner

Post by FormerCWowner »

hsukirk wrote:Sorry to hear it, OP.

I was experienced the similar thing in Dec.2016 & emailed CW who claimed they do not hold/register stolen watches record. However, I sincerely hope they have since implemented said system.
Yes I’ve had a message from CW who also said that they can’t tie up my order number or details with the serial number of the watch I purchased.
Mike2795647
Senior
Senior

Post by Mike2795647 »

Sorry to hear about your watch, especially when it’s one you’ve been saving up for. I was going to ask if it’s quartz or auto but serial number is much better, would sugg3t to have a look for the box and hope it turns up on eBay so you have chance at getting it back
statto
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 11

Post by statto »

So sorry to hear of your woes. Such a simple thing to keep track of watch serial numbers against original orders, doesn't say much for whoever was responsible for not including this field in the original CW Sales Database.
Cheers

Paul
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

statto wrote:So sorry to hear of your woes. Such a simple thing to keep track of watch serial numbers against original orders, doesn't say much for whoever was responsible for not including this field in the original CW Sales Database.
CW don't appear to use the serial numbers for anything whatsoever. Sales records, movement records, service tracking, ownership records, etc etc..... None are linked to a serial number. Not a thing.

No idea why!

(There must be something, I have just yet to find it!)

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

Sorry to hear what's happened :(

A colleague of mine had his TAG Heuer Limited Edition watch stolen recently.
He pinged me an email to ask what he should do (as he new I was a bit of a watch fanatic :oops: )

My advice to him was:
  • Told him to get the box, cards and papers together (these weren't stolen) - take copies of the paperwork and cards;
  • Pop into one of the AD high street jewellers with the information to inform them - having copies of the paperwork and cards means you have something to leave with them. (I believe that AD jewellers have a record/register of stolen watches that they check against when taking in part exchanges to check whether its stolen and its authenticity);
  • Pop into the second-hand jewellers with the information to inform them;
  • Pop into pawn brokers and cash converters with the information to inform them;
  • Put out media (Facebook, Twitter, Watch Forums);
  • Finally, keep an eye out on the likes of eBay, Gumtree, Second-hand watch sites.
There's a lot of trudging about involved there, so, I also suggested, as an alternative, doing a google search for Jewellers, outlets, etc. around the local area, getting their contact email address and then doing an email shot to all of them with electronic copies of the paperwork and cards as attachements.