Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: C5 Malvern 595 "Air"

Post by jkbarnes »

I can't imagine that any picture can really capture how that grey dial really looks in person.
Drew
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Re: C5 Malvern 595

Post by asqwerth »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:Two thoughts on @MrDagon007's photo:-....

2. Looking at the photo carefully, there appears to be an arc of fine dots from about 9 round to 2, plus a fine line on the edge of the bezel around 4 to 7. Is this due to the protective plastic still being on the crystal.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
You might be right. Could the OP check that he's removed the plastic from the crystal?

Anyway I'm guessing that in real life the dial is clearer to the wearer. It's probably the same way people have said from looking at pictures that the white hands on the white dial Trident make it hard to read but I've never found it so.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
MrDagon007
Junior
Junior

Post by MrDagon007 »

Here is another photo today, as you can see it looks nice in a dressed setting.
No foil was on the previous photo, there were reflections.
The grey often looks a bit darker in photos I think. But it is for sure a daylight watch

jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

This just popped up in my sponsored Google ads...

http://www.adidaswatches.com/uk/en/proc ... _color=680

Interestingly the url reveals some Nixon involvement in Adidas' latest fashion items. I think they've done a better job of the "grey/black dial" than CW (ignoring the case, watch type etc).
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

MrDagon007 wrote:This arrived today.

Very happy with it. It is chic and different thanks to the grey dial (I admit it was a bit of a gamble when I ordered it).
I think it is interesting and just that bit different to the standard white.

And grey, what's not to like :wink:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Stuart1
Senior
Senior

Post by Stuart1 »

The case - yes. The movement - yes. The dial - no. I am not sure if it is the logo or the colours it is just a miss.
The Merci LMM 01 used three colours on the dial, Swiss eta 2801-2 and still comes in at £200 less, with a better design. Also worn by President Macron.
With all of the designers in the UK surely CW could find someone to lift their product? Everything else seems to be there movements BIG yes, Cases Yes.
Qubo
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Qubo »

Grey dial is growing on me. Anyone out there who has it on the camel strap?
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

MrDagon007 wrote:Here is another photo today, as you can see it looks nice in a dressed setting.
No foil was on the previous photo, there were reflections.
The grey often looks a bit darker in photos I think. But it is for sure a daylight watch

I'm sorry, but it still looks no better to me. I like the case/movement, but the dial is just bland. If it had DW printed on it I would actually believe that it was one of their things. It just needs something to lift it away from 'fashion watch' looks - applied markers, running seconds hand/small seconds - just something.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I think this watch was always going to divide opinion. I had really hoped to be in the pro camp...
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

I imagine that AB (CW's chief designer) despairs when he looks at the dial of the Air - I very much doubt it is what he would have come up with if given a choice of ALL aspects of that dial......

Looking at some of the cases he has designed - to me he is a talented designer. Shame that one of the most important aspects of design is not within his gift.

But to be fair it does meet the fashion watch brief!

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

I visited the Showroom today and had a look at the Air while I was there.

If you were looking around to buy a minimalist dress watch then this is nicer in the flesh than most of the pictures show. I saw only the white dial and it sits really well on the wrist. The crown is small and neat, fitting well overall into the design of the watch and the name at 9 o'clock just didn't stand out in any way.

There's a larger picture of it in the latest Loupe that I think shows it off better than the web-site photos.
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

nbg wrote:I imagine that AB (CW's chief designer) despairs when he looks at the dial of the Air - I very much doubt it is what he would have come up with if given a choice of ALL aspects of that dial......

Looking at some of the cases he has designed - to me he is a talented designer. Shame that one of the most important aspects of design is not within his gift.

But to be fair it does meet the fashion watch brief!

Neil
The trouble is you would hope the fashion watch market would not be looking at CW. It does however have that kind of look. (Dreadful to my eyes)
Hopefully I am wrong but the more I look at this the more I think it could end up being the lowest selling biggest lemon that has been produced thus far for cw.
Cheers now, Paul
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^ Even more of a lemon than the Slimline Square?

As to fashion watches - "I have upgraded my DW to a CW. It cost me a shed load more, but it was worth it!" :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Caller »

nbg wrote:Looking at some of the cases he has designed - to me he is a talented designer. Shame that one of the most important aspects of design is not within his gift.
I have no idea how it works at CW, but it seems from what the company has said, that everyone was meant to be admiring the case, display case back and the movement of the new model, there is some text somewhere from CW making this point. But for most, the face will be the most important thing and the one member who has bought it, is very pleased with it.

I agree with what you say about AB and he has already created a quite distinctive style for CW - although let down by the 'logo' - but the finished product never seems to reach the heights anticipated. I can guess at why that is, but it's just pure speculation.
'Tis me