C5 Malvern 595 "Air"

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
fishman
Forumgod
Forumgod

Re: C5 Malvern 595 "Air"

Post by fishman »

If you like the idea of a thin minimalist dress watch,but aren’t sure about the 595, then just take advantage of the CW return policy,order it and see for yourself. You may hate it or really like it, but judging this watch only by the pictures is probably a mistake.
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

stefs wrote:Hopefully I am wrong but the more I look at this the more I think it could end up being the lowest selling biggest lemon that has been produced thus far for cw.
Which is a crying shame because at it's price point, it had potential to do very well. Maybe it still will, but based on everything we've seen :?
Ryan
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

StrappedUp wrote:
stefs wrote:Hopefully I am wrong but the more I look at this the more I think it could end up being the lowest selling biggest lemon that has been produced thus far for cw.
Which is a crying shame because at it's price point, it had potential to do very well. Maybe it still will, but based on everything we've seen :?
I can’t see it doing well. The case and movement has the potential to be a stunning watch that even the likes of me that has no interest in dress watches would be tempted by. Missed the mark massively I think. Time will tell though, but my guess is that they will be discounted in a sale fairly quick.
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

TigerChris wrote:I can’t see it doing well. The case and movement has the potential to be a stunning watch that even the likes of me that has no interest in dress watches would be tempted by. Missed the mark massively I think. Time will tell though, but my guess is that they will be discounted in a sale fairly quick.
People will buy it (full and reduced price), but I'm not sure I'd even be tempted by a half-price sale. Case is great, movement is good (signed plate would have been nice :wink:), but it's the dial that's the deal breaker and ultimately the part I spend the majority of time staring at.
Ryan
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

My thinking is this.....

Over recent years there has been quite a chunk of negative posts / comments / threads on the forum but they usually tend to fallinto the following catagories:

Logo
Customer service issues
Sale related issues
Poor quality control

And there has been a fair old few. However as far as I recall it is very unusual for the actual design itself to be so poorly received by so many. There is usually something to commend the design to a lot of people. They may not necessarily be to your taste or size but you can usually see there is something there that will speak to a wider audience. My point is that this does not seem to be the case here particularly as the case design does seem to be well recieved.

Unless beating 6 mm is the horoligical equivalence to breaking a 4 minute mile then maybe it would have been better leaving it just over 6mm enabling more room to work towards something a touch more exciting with the dial.

Apologies to those that have liked and bought one as there is no intention to offend.
Cheers now, Paul
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

stefs wrote:Apologies to those that have liked and bought one as there is no intention to offend.
This as well ^^^
It is good to hear that there are people who appreciate the design.
Ryan
fishman
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by fishman »

Interestingly, this watch is listed on the CW website as one of the bestsellers. For the conspiracy minded among us this little tidbit of information won’t mean much, but it’s possible that the 595 is selling well.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

fishman wrote:Interestingly, this watch is listed on the CW website as one of the bestsellers. For the conspiracy minded among us this little tidbit of information won’t mean much, but it’s possible that the 595 is selling well.
That it's selling well was stated today at the Showroom.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Mikkei4 wrote:
And if it is, good! That means that people like it. Apologies for repeating myself, but I know I used to get a bit cross if CW produced a watch I didn’t like. I don’t anymore. Whether I like it is neither here nor there – if it hits the spot with the audience they are targeting, all well and good. Future sales events will probably tell us.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
fishman
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by fishman »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
Mikkei4 wrote:
And if it is, good! That means that people like it. Apologies for repeating myself, but I know I used to get a bit cross if CW produced a watch I didn’t like. I don’t anymore. Whether I like it is neither here nor there – if it hits the spot with the audience they are targeting, all well and good. Future sales events will probably tell us.
Well said sir!
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

Mikkei4 wrote:
fishman wrote:Interestingly, this watch is listed on the CW website as one of the bestsellers. For the conspiracy minded among us this little tidbit of information won’t mean much, but it’s possible that the 595 is selling well.
I doubt any salesperson would ever suggest anything different.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

^^^ like the ltd edition 316 that is apparently a best seller but they still have stock left
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
MrDagon007
Junior
Junior

Post by MrDagon007 »

I made a video to whatsapp to a friend a few days ago, and may have find a way to put it online. Let’s try:

View My Vide o
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: C5 Malvern 595

Post by Caller »

MrDagon007 wrote:I made a video to whatsapp to a friend a few days ago, and may have find a way to put it online. Let’s try:

View My Vide o
Thanks for making it available and I managed to view it okay, but I'm not really sure it does the watch many favours?

Let's see what others have to say.
'Tis me
BerlinCW
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: C5 Malvern 595

Post by BerlinCW »

Caller wrote:
MrDagon007 wrote:I made a video to whatsapp to a friend a few days ago, and may have find a way to put it online. Let’s try:

View My Vide o
Thanks for making it available and I managed to view it okay, but I'm not really sure it does the watch many favours?

Let's see what others have to say.
Greetings,

+1 agreed.