C7 Rapide Bracelet Change - Tips?

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
Burnrub

C7 Rapide Bracelet Change - Tips?

Post by Burnrub »

Anyone successfully put an OEM bracelet on the C7 without scratching up the lugs? Seems like a very tight fit... Any tips???

Thanks.
PaulWB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 62
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: C7 Rapide Bracelet Change - Tips?

Post by PaulWB »

Kip has a really good post that explains it all - link below.

http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... 69&t=26825

I have fitted a CW bracelet to one of my C7's and you have to spend quite a bit of time gently moving the end piece to get the pins into place.

Paul
C1, C2, C3, C5, C6, C8, C9, C11, W6, C7/C70, 2009 FLE, 2012 FLE Red, 2013 FLE, 2015 FLE, C9 JH2, C900 WT

Member CWL Double Figures Club
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

@Burnrub - Which version of the C7?

MkI, MkII or current C7 Rapide?

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Burnrub

Post by Burnrub »

I have a current C7 Rapide.

Thanks for the tips, i was finally able to put the bracelet on by: first placing the endlink w/springbar on top of the lugs, then used my fingernails and springbar tool to gently move it into place. Firm working surface makes the process easier.

I've changed lots (including my C60 Trident) of bracelets in the past, but this one was much harder than others because of the tight tolerances. On most other watches you can insert the springbar/endlink into the lug at angle and then move it into place. But with the C7, the endlink must be placed almost straight down into the lugs.
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

^^^ my tip would be to work from the underside of the lugs. Made me cringe a bit when you mention you had the spring at sitting on top of the lugs. If you’re going to get a nick, much rather it be on the underside than topside.
Burnrub

Post by Burnrub »

srs1286 wrote:^^^ my tip would be to work from the underside of the lugs. Made me cringe a bit when you mention you had the spring at sitting on top of the lugs. If you’re going to get a nick, much rather it be on the underside than topside.
lol. i had the endlink sitting ontop of the underisde of the lugs. and was able to do the process scratch free. :D
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

Burnrub wrote:
srs1286 wrote:^^^ my tip would be to work from the underside of the lugs. Made me cringe a bit when you mention you had the spring at sitting on top of the lugs. If you’re going to get a nick, much rather it be on the underside than topside.
lol. i had the endlink sitting ontop of the underisde of the lugs. and was able to do the process scratch free. :D
*Sigh of relief* lol. Good work