Nearly New Offers

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
monkeyface

Nearly New Offers

Post by monkeyface »

Hi I’m a first time poster and future customer and I was after some advice from seasoned customers. Has anyone here bought from the nearly new section and been disappointed with the condition of the watch they received or had issues with the watch shortly after receiving it. Thank you.
Scrogg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Nearly New Offers

Post by Scrogg »

Nearly New watches are still covered by the 60:60 Guarantee, so if you are not 100% happy with your purchase you can return it, free of charge, for a full refund.

Buy with confidence :D
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

monkeyface wrote:Hi I’m a first time poster and future customer and I was after some advice from seasoned customers. Has anyone here bought from the nearly new section and been disappointed with the condition of the watch they received or had issues with the watch shortly after receiving it. Thank you.
I can only speak from the experience of buying 1 NN watch and it was perfect. I've had it a month now, no issues and it is running at -2s/day consistently. Don't forget that 60/60 covers NN purchases aswell as new so no reason not to go for it if the watch you want is available. Oh, and I would go and introduce yourself in the new members section before KIP comes along. He needs to give you your 'homework' to do! :D
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

Have purchased a couple in the past...never had an issue....if you do just send it back...as Scrogg said buy with confidence
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

I’ve bought several with no issues. One did have a nasty scratch so it went back. I was offered a refund or another watch of the same type, also nearly new. It was perfect.
Trying not to buy any more watches...
monkeyface

Post by monkeyface »

Thank you all for the replies. I appreciate the feedback.
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

I received a nearly new C5 Slimline that had dirt/machining marks on the movement (not so much of a problem) but it then stopped sporadically until the watch was shaken. I sent it back and received a full refund with no problem. There may be a reason why the watch has been returned unrelated to how it looks/feels. Check it carefully upon receipt and keep a close eye on accuracy until you are satisfied all is well.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

I think I can say this now as the person who helped has left the company.
I bought a NN Trident, the bezel was out of alignment so I returned it, as it was discontinued they couldn't replace it like for like, so they sent me a brand new one, with upgraded bracelet etc. Result.
Some people I've read, have received pretty shoddy watches, scratches, resized bracelets without spare links etc, but I think it's the minority, and the 60/60 guarantee gives peace of mind, although disappointing if it's a favoured design and a replacement isn't available.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
nigelb001
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nigelb001 »

My own experience with nearly new watches was very positive. Almost two years ago I bought two, which were absolutely perfect and indistinguishable from new. So they had my thumbs up. You see the occasional post where some have not been so lucky but you are always covered by the returns system should the worst happen.
CW C7 Rapide / Breitling Top Time + Superocean / Laco Memmingen
Tissot PRS516 Auto + PRS516 Chrono / Seiko Padi Turtle
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes

Post by mabotham »

Every nearly new watch I have brought has been as new.
monkeyface

Post by monkeyface »

Thank you for the replies. I’m going to avoid the nearly new as it’s a first buy but all being good I will definitely consider them in the future. Thanks again for the helpful replies.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

@monkeyface - glad that we have been of help.

Hopefully you will stick around and learn some more about CWL, and other brand, watches.

Maybe have some fun in the meantime and why not take a look at our members Introduction section and tell us a little about yourself.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Carlito149
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Carlito149 »

I ordered C65 vintage nearly new and it arrived NEW.
jmark

Post by jmark »

Carlito149 wrote:I ordered C65 vintage nearly new and it arrived NEW.
How could you tell? Does it come in different packaging?
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Carlito149 wrote:I ordered C65 vintage nearly new and it arrived NEW.
I reckon my C65 Classic was new also. I checked every mm of the watch and it was as new, including all protective wrappers and stickers on both watch and bracelet.