C60 Trident Bronze Pro 600

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: C60 Trident Bronze Pro 600

Post by Caller »

mvlow wrote:Manufacturers who sell bronze watches will wrap the head completely in plastic to seal it from oxidation until the customer opens it.
That's not my personal experience and I have seen numerous bronze watches in the flesh at AD's. Maybe correct if it was stated until the AD receives it? I just assumed that each night before the watches were tucked up in bed, they were given a good polish?

Anyway, I bought mine all bright and shiny from the AD and have watched it patinate since. However, as with my brass Armida, which was well on the patination way by the time it reached me, it seems to have reached a point where it will change no further.

Incidentally, Schofield were recently selling their bronze beaters with a choice of shiny new or pre-patinated and provided side by side photo's so potential buyers knew what to expect.
'Tis me
Paul Drawmer
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Post by Paul Drawmer »

And...what about returns under 60/60. Perfect but exposed.
There's always time for one more.
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

Paul Drawmer wrote:And...what about returns under 60/60. Perfect but exposed.
As I said in my first post, I don't know CW policy, but I don't think they can sell a 60/60 return as a new watch. It would most likely be sold as nearly new, so whoever was buying it would know it had been exposed to the air and probably already had some patina.
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

Caller wrote:
mvlow wrote:Manufacturers who sell bronze watches will wrap the head completely in plastic to seal it from oxidation until the customer opens it.
That's not my personal experience and I have seen numerous bronze watches in the flesh at AD's. Maybe correct if it was stated until the AD receives it? I just assumed that each night before the watches were tucked up in bed, they were given a good polish?

Anyway, I bought mine all bright and shiny from the AD and have watched it patinate since. However, as with my brass Armida, which was well on the patination way by the time it reached me, it seems to have reached a point where it will change no further.

Incidentally, Schofield were recently selling their bronze beaters with a choice of shiny new or pre-patinated and provided side by side photo's so potential buyers knew what to expect.
Here is another example of a bronze being packaged in sealed plastic. In this case it is a Laco watch.

https://youtu.be/m6w66weTDY8?t=8m39s
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Caller »

mvlow wrote:Here is another example of a bronze being packaged in sealed plastic. In this case it is a Laco watch.

Funnily enough, the AD I mentioned sells Laco.....
'Tis me
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

Caller wrote:
mvlow wrote:Here is another example of a bronze being packaged in sealed plastic. In this case it is a Laco watch.

Funnily enough, the AD I mentioned sells Laco.....
Interesting. I wonder if they take some out of their protective wrapping for display purposes. Obviously Laco thinks they should stay in the plastic until the customer is ready to open it.
Malcolm