Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: New QC measures?

Post by Thegreyman »

That's funny :rate10:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Aliffito
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Post by Aliffito »

Don't think the QC measures are that great, just received a new C65 Vintage it's broken. Tried winding and shaking but no movement at all from the seconds hand. That's going back ASAP, not very impressed by that.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Korkki wrote:Checklists are good :thumbup:

Just made one for myself

Very funny but sorry the spelling is too good.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Aliffito wrote:Don't think the QC measures are that great, just received a new C65 Vintage it's broken. Tried winding and shaking but no movement at all from the seconds hand. That's going back ASAP, not very impressed by that.

Looks like it's just the straps at present that get a (checkup) checklist. No other new QC measures have been mentioned.

Your and other's posts show that the preparation and despatch of the watches are still crying out for the level of the care and attention that is expected and that should be the norm when purchasing any item. Does this only happen at Sales times or has anybody experienced this level of QC on standard orders?

I appreciate that the Sales period is going to be busy with a high volume of orders going into CW in a short period but it should be easy to get correct. CW are selling watches that should have already been sifted in order to enter them into their website, already checked for what model and bracelet/strap/colour combination, condition of all of that and that everything works then placed into a storage area by watch model for a simple pick when the order comes in and then a final check is done for watch against order. How difficult is that? It takes time, care and attention but that should be factored in already.

I don't believe that CW would bring in additional non-experienced staff purely to cope with the Sales watches as there's just not enough watches to warrant it. Can it purely be that the volume of orders in a short time creates a panic to get them and normal orders out in time and it exaggerates faults already in the process. If there's not sufficient staff to cope with this then just tell purchasers of Sales items that these items are not on the standard delivery time so will take longer to arrive. I'd rather get the correct Sales watch in full working order 3-5 days later than get 1 next day that's the wrong watch or broken.

It's sad that people are being disappointed with the quality of what's arriving as 50% off, 30% off, NN or whatever should not equate to an equivalent (or indeed any) reduction of QC.
tempus fugit
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by tempus fugit »

Tyke wrote:Chrostipher Wrad, the Relox of the Internet.......... :wink:
For the first time in months, I have literally laughed for an entire five minutes as I read this thread, peaking on this post of Tyke's (I also get the in-joke from Mike's now infamous webchat statement :clap: )and leading my wife to question my sanity.

Some of you guys are comedy genius. :lol:

But - seriously - how do they manage to send out a QC form that hasn't itself had any QC?
Alex
4x Omega, 3x CW, 1x Tudor, 1x Tag
reggie747
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by reggie747 »

Fluffy cuddly kittens and little puppy dogs.......????
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I am very ignorant of the world of business and retail, and I don’t really understand things like acceptable failure quotas. I belong to the Eugene Kranz (Apollo 13) school of thought – Failure Is Not an Option! If the train company proudly announces that 93% of its trains arrive on time, I don’t want mine to be in the 7%.

It seems to me, purely as an amateur, that if your infrastructure begins to come apart at the seams when you do something that overloads it, you have two options:

1. Restructure your infrastructure so that it copes with what you are aiming to do.

2. Reconfigure your aims to align with what your infrastructure can cope with.

I do know, from working with both youngsters and adults, that if you try to pour a quart into a pint pot you are going to spill some, and if you attempt to overload people they are going to make mistakes.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

tempus fugit wrote:
For the first time in months, I have literally laughed for an entire five minutes as I read this thread, peaking on this post of Tyke's (I also get the in-joke from Mike's now infamous webchat statement :clap: )and leading my wife to question my sanity.

Some of you guys are comedy genius. :lol:

But - seriously - how do they manage to send out a QC form that hasn't itself had any QC?

Too kind :thumbup:

How do they do it? Only Miek Farce(n) can answer that!
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

Oh dear, it's not even a wrong word that passes spell check! At least it's good for a laugh, but doesn't look great to serious customers.

Still a positive change overall, now just need one for watches...
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

All very laudable for CWL to instigate a separate QC form but IMHO this just provides an additional link where an error may occur i.e. the person who ticks the boxes needs to get their information from somewhere.

What's wrong with having a small rubber QC 'Checked' or 'Your Order was packed by ....' stamp that is stamped on the Invoice with the initials of the person checking the order prior to final packaging?

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

The Grauniad of the watch world.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
skimrok
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by skimrok »

Korkki wrote:Checklists are good :thumbup:

Just made one for myself

:lol: that is the best :thumbup:
Steve

C9 Blue LE /C60 Black
Also other various brands in my collection
Aliffito
Junior
Junior

Post by Aliffito »

I agree with you that during the sale time that they seem to not be able to guarantee the quality of products based on what everyone has been saying, what makes this even more annoying is that I ordered before the sale, the watch is brand new. I've emailed and will call them on Monday to get next steps as I can't access the website still.
Demmedelusive

Post by Demmedelusive »

Hi

Not a frequent poster, but does the Christopher Ward team respond to these issues?
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

Demmedelusive wrote:Hi

Not a frequent poster, but does the Christopher Ward team respond to these issues?
No

The only thing they achieve with absolute consistency are the same mistakes.