Does anyone ever notice/comment on your CW watch?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Does anyone ever notice/comment on your CW watch?

Post by Tyke »

Just a statement of fact, nobody I know seems to have much of an interest in watches except one mate, consequently no comments. But that goes for all watches not just CW's .
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by srs1286 »

Tyke wrote:Just a statement of fact, nobody I know seems to have much of an interest in watches except one mate, consequently no comments. But that goes for all watches not just CW's .
Maybe just the timing of it all. Either way I got a chuckle even if I made up the backstory in my head. :thumbup:
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

srs1286 wrote:
Tyke wrote:Just a statement of fact, nobody I know seems to have much of an interest in watches except one mate, consequently no comments. But that goes for all watches not just CW's .
Maybe just the timing of it all. Either way I got a chuckle even if I made up the backstory in my head. :thumbup:
You know you're living in a horological Twilight zone when you wear a C80 Sector and no-one comments, they don't come a lot more in your face than that but nothing, zip, zilch, square root of jack ****
Nate4s
CW-watches: 1

Post by Nate4s »

I just had my first notice/comment a few days ago. I was picking up a few things at the pharmacy and one of the new, young pharmacists was walking by and said "Oh, I rarely see a Christopher Ward in the wild". It took me a moment to realize he was talking to me. He mentioned he owned one (I'm assuming a C60) before selling it to purchase his Omega Speedmaster. He also chuckled, held up his wrist (baring something looking like a casio illuminator), and mentioned that he was "clearly not wearing it today". I never expected to have it recognized in the small, relatively low SES town that I live in.
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

Apart from family, the only one who ever commented on them was my late watchmaker who always took an interest in what I had in when I saw him.

I often say, nobody seems to notice, let alone comment on any watch I wear, CW or otherwise. It's only the small percentage of the population who inhabit forums like this that seem to care :wink:
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by footycrazy »

I have only ever in 6 years had 2 comments on the watch I was wearing.

1. Sales man in Currys admired my C9 FLE, I had to go back and dropped him a CW catalogue I had spare.

2. Wearing my Speedy to work and a customer asked if it was the moon version and had a good look at it, said he was very jealous. Made my day. :D
Graham
OllyW
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 8

Post by OllyW »

I've been asked about my C60 Trident Pro a few times. A salesman in Goldsmiths was very impressed when I was looking at their Tudor watches, especially when I told him how much it cost. It's nothing compared to my Apple Watch though, I'm always being asked questions about that one.
FarmerPalmer
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 3

Post by FarmerPalmer »

Nope
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

I suppose not so many ask people for the time now, as phones have clocks built in, so maybe it's just people not getting the opportunity to comment.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
Texican
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Texican »

:-o Not yet!
gestalt
Junior
Junior

Post by gestalt »

Years ago, I gave a speech to about 75 people in Toronto and wore my Trident-Pro (Mark I, I guess you call it now). I went for drinks with about a dozen audience members afterwards. When I checked the time, the guy sitting next to me said "I've been admiring your watch all night, and I know good watches. When I was in The Middle East, I worked for the company that launched brands like Omega and Breitling there, and I really like yours." His jaw dropped when I told him I paid a little over $500 Canadian Dollars for it at the time. He thought it would be worth five to 10 times more.
coldwarkid
Junior
Junior

Post by coldwarkid »

The only watch I own that ever gets commented on is my CW dress watch which my daughter clocks every time I wear it, commenting how nice it is
She's a bit young yet but I realise my days with it are numbered, as sooner or later she'll get her grubby mits on it and I'll never see it again.
dhaux

Post by dhaux »

I was in the lift with my bicycle when two lads came in, and we all managed to squeeze in. One of them was really attracted to my bike, it was a Specialized Sirrus. He asked me where I got it, I told him, I bought it secondhand off Gumtree. Then he referenced what I thought were the gears, wanting to know their origins and I said they were Japanese. He asked how much, and I said I paid 250, I had gotten a good deal. His questions and my answers both seemed stilted. It ws only seconds later when we had gotten out of the lift that I realised he was asking about my CW Malvern C5, the green one; he had been pointing to my watch not the gears on the handlebar. I felt a bit of a t** for a few days after.
Vwatch
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by Vwatch »

1. met my old friends and i notice a gentleman (my friends friend) wear an old sub combat glycine, and i tell him that particular model is hard to find and look very nice, and then watch talk start, we exchange our watch, i am wearing C60 MKII vintage, he never heard about CW, but when he look at the watch and take ~ 10 seconds, he said it must be very expensive watch as the workmanship and details is very fine. then i introduce CW to him.

2. Went Omega outlet check some speedy and seamaster, serve by a ladies and she ask me to try seamaster 300 as she spot my C60 vintage MKII, she said quite similar to what you're wearing it, maybe due to the sub bezel and the vintage lume. obviously she didn't know CW. i put my watch on omega watch tray, and i notice she never ask my permission and take my trident to do a close look for ~10 second when i check the omega 300 by loupe. in the end, she didn't ask about which brand is that and focus the sales, of course i didn't pull the trigger on seamaster 300, not sure why something wrong on that particular seamaster 300 lume printing.
Time is more precious than watches.
magicboy
Senior
Senior

Post by magicboy »

I used to have an orange bezel trident and a couple of people commented on it, but they thought it was an Omega and quickly lost interest when it wasn't.
Chris

C1 Jumping Hour