Discuss Christopher Ward watches
GREGG
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 0

Trident Titanium Pro 600

Post by GREGG »

Hello everyone here :)

I am thinking of Trident Titanium - Varation 1, maybe anyone has it and could share his opinion and some pictures?

Other Tridents look better to (more vivid colour schemes, I love especially the ones with white dials). However I don't like steel cases and bracelets because of the weight... A titanium version with a white dial would be perfect, but probably not going to happen... :(
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Trident Titanium Pro 600

Post by srs1286 »

It's my daily wearer and on my wrist 80+% of the time. Averagebros did a great job representing its appearance in their video review.

https://youtu.be/5RT3yvh_ENI

UsefulG
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by UsefulG »

It's on my watchlist on CWL but I can't decide between variations. I like the stealth look but would prefer the whole watch to be black. However the pictures are swaying me back to this one. Thanks srs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
GREGG
Junior
Junior

Post by GREGG »

@srs1286 thanks for the pictures and the YT link :) I'll watch it tomorrow
I guess that you don't have a titanium bracelet to your watch?
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

srs1286 wrote:It's my daily wearer and on my wrist 80+% of the time. Averagebros did a great job representing its appearance in their video review.
That is very cool looking! :thumbup:
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by srs1286 »

Forgot to mention likes/dislikes.

I love the way it looks and the versatility it has with straps. The only thing I haven't been able to do successfully yet is dress it up. I certainly think it can be but the best option is likely a bracelet for this and I didn't buy it on one.

I like the V3 logo but if it's not your favorite, this is certainly a great option because of the grey text on black dial. You'll only notice it if you want to. With that said, the next question is always legibility and so far in 6 months of constant wear, I have not had one issue seeing the dial. I find it more difficult to see the polished hands on a white dial c60 than with the color scheme of this one.

The only two cons that I can speak of are poor lume and the grade 2 titanium seems slightly soft judged by the pins marking up the inside of the lugs. Regarding the lume... you'll likely never notice it exists unless you put in effort to see it. It is dull and often fades even further by the time your eyes adjust to the darkness in order to see it.

Wear and tear has been very good in my eyes. The titanium hides scratches far better than steel and titanium has a "self healing" element to it as it develops a protective layer. Slips my mind if this is considered a tarnish or oxidation but basically the scratches you'll see is where this protective layer has scraped off. As the tarnish or oxidation redevelopes, these "scratches" will fade.

Would I buy it again, absolutely.
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

srs1286 wrote:Wear and tear has been very good in my eyes. The titanium hides scratches far better than steel and titanium has a "self healing" element to it as it develops a protective layer. Slips my mind if this is considered a tarnish or oxidation but basically the scratches you'll see is where this protective layer has scraped off. As the tarnish or oxidation redevelopes, these "scratches" will fade.
That's exactly what happens on my Citizen Eco-Drive Titanium. I actually watched it happen in front of my eyes once, and I thought it was alive. :shock:
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
GREGG
Junior
Junior

Post by GREGG »

Interesting to read your comments about titanium durability. I have been using Citizen Titanium for some time and I can see no signs of wear at all. On the contrary, many people prefer steel as they say it is more durable, as well as possible to polish when scratches appear.
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by srs1286 »

GREGG wrote:Interesting to read your comments about titanium durability. I have been using Citizen Titanium for some time and I can see no signs of wear at all. On the contrary, many people prefer steel as they say it is more durable, as well as possible to polish when scratches appear.
Perhaps durable isn't the correct word. The steel C60 seems a little harder than the C60 titanium, however the C60 titanium hides scratches far better and will look new for longer.

My comments about marking the lugs goes far beyond just the pins. The rubber strap I received from CW must've been a prototype or at least an early edition of the current CW rubber. It had the new design on the exterior but a wave pattern on the underside and didn't have the pin access cutout that is currently offered. The strap was so stiff you couldn't access the pins without gouging the rubber or the lugs. Couple that with a cheap strap tool and you end up with greater than standard damage. I am not sure my soft titanium comments would exist if it weren't for that experience.

It's okay watch, I still love you. What that you say? Is someone burning tires? Don't mind that, its nothing. :lol:
problem son
Guru
Guru

Post by problem son »

I must admit, that Trident Titanium Pro 600 is a deeply beautiful watch, and for me, the subtle use of dark shades removes what might be a certain ugliness of the main watch hands. I haven't looked up the other variations on the watch but I don't really need to - that dark one - pure stealth - would be the one I would have. :)
matengawhat
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by matengawhat »

What's the brown strap in the first image, never thought of it on brown strap but looks good
C8 MkII
C8 MkII Vintage
C11 Titanium Extreme
C11 Black Manta Mk 1
C60 Pro 600 Blue Bezel / Black Face
C60 Pro 600 Green Bezel / Black Face
C65 White Face
Mondaine Stop2go
Victorinox Night Vision
Hugo Boss HB2027 F1 Anniversary Edition
Asus Zenwatch 2
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by srs1286 »

matengawhat wrote:What's the brown strap in the first image, never thought of it on brown strap but looks good
Thanks. Inspiration strap from Steveo Straps: http://www.steveostraps.com/straps-2/top-end-stuff
GREGG
Junior
Junior

Post by GREGG »

Agreed, brown strap looks to me as a great match :thumbup: I would never imagine that pairing Titanium V1 with a leather strap could be such a good fit

Meanwhile, yesterday I tried Certina DS Action Titanium (automatic version) which I was thinking of before CW. Certina is not so bad, considering also its reasonable price, but it is a bit boring to me. I did not like that everything, including the bracelet, was in the same grey mode. This means that I stay with Trident Titanium V1 as a primary option :)
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Not quite the same, but here's one of my titaniums on a brown leather nato.

Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

and here's another.

Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris