BDD

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
mcb2007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

BDD

Post by mcb2007 »

Hi all, bit of help needed . I have a BDD and when hand wound after a couple of turns of the crown it seems to slip , you can hear a clicking sound as if a cogs missing or is this normal ? Only asking as i dont normally wind by hand .
I am nameless I am shameless, I can be the purist soul with evil as my goal, I can be the story untold.
josbrownlie
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Re: BDD

Post by josbrownlie »

I think it does that when it's fully wound

http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... =1&t=44519
C9 x5, C60 x3, C65 x1, Steinhart x2, CIGA Design, Jean Marcel, WT Author, Breitling & MSTR
mcb2007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mcb2007 »

I haven't worn it for at least 2 weeks and the watch had stopped, surely it wouldn't be on full charge after that length of time would it ?
I am nameless I am shameless, I can be the purist soul with evil as my goal, I can be the story untold.
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

If you left it running and it stopped the power reserve would be empty, if you wore it lots or wound it up and then left it with the crown pulled out for two weeks it would still be fully charged...

Assuming it was left running so not fully charged I'd try pushing back and pulling the crown out again and see if it clicks into place better, if not it doesn't sound like healthy behaviour.
mcb2007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mcb2007 »

Just tried crown pushed in and out ,not made any difference slipped on the 8th tooth on cog then counted 52 and slipped again . So I take it it's fit for the bin lol