The trio of Tritech Elites: together as a set or....?????

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

The trio of Tritech Elites: together as a set or....?????

Post by tikkathree »

My plan always was to downsize the collection when work comes to an end and phase 3 (retirement) takes over. That will be, give a take a few days, the end of September.

Thoroughly satisfied by a combination of other CW divers I'm steadying myself for letting go of the set of three Tritech Elites. You chaps will get first dibs but this is :lol: :lol: part of my pension pot so I shan't be printing special discount vouchers for CW Forumites just yet.

I wonder, is there much mileage in offering them as a set of three or is all the interest likely to be in three individual listings?

These are first steps for me, first thoughts only but I value your opinions.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
JimboJames1972
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Re: The trio of Tritech Elites: together as a set or....????

Post by JimboJames1972 »

My first response would be to sell as a complete set, if you looking to get a higher overall price. The downside of this strategy is most likely to be the time it will take to find the "right" buyer; someone who wants/needs a complete set and who has the cash to blow all in one go.

If you sell them individually, my feeling is that you will sell them more quickly, but you risk getting a lower total price.

Just my thoughts,

J
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

My thoughts are that by it being discussed in this thread forum regulars will be alerted that you are selling three - that in itself may be sufficient for you to receive a few PMs ahead of any listing to enquire about a price for the set.

If you don't get any 'nibbles' from this you can just list them separately.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I recall a thread a few months back when Rob Cherry was planning to sell his set, with matching serial numbers, of Forum Limited Editions.

The consensus of opinion at that time, was to sell them separately; mostly IIRC due to the number of watches and capital outlay required.

A trio of Tri-techs is perhaps a different matter.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia Z Premium using Tapatalk
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Boydesian
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Boydesian »

My professional experience has been that piecing out for individual sale will almost always net more than selling related items as a set.
Whare hae ye been sae braw, lad?
Whare hae ye been sae brankie, O?
Whare hae ye been sae braw, lad?
Came ye by Killiecrankie, O?
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

Boydesian wrote:My professional experience has been that piecing out for individual sale will almost always net more than selling related items as a set.
+1 to this, the number of people who will want to buy 3 of the same type of watch will be pretty small, especially as the price for all 3 would almost certainly be north of £1k
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

Sold my 3 separately about 18 months ago
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

And after one quick review of this thread - and I'm obliged to those who contributed, I can now safely say that all three C600 Tri-tech Elites will be offerred for sale here this month.

To be listed separately and concurrently. I need time to sort out the boxes and paperwork, OE straps/bracelets, get them wiped over and photographed.

Why am I selling them? Well the plan always was to reduce the overall head count on retirement from work - and that's coming up - and with plenty of lovely divers to choose from the reality for me is that I feel ready to let these go. I'll hardly be short of CW divers.... That and I've decided to treat myself to a Brellum retirement present.

All run beautifully, none are to be imagined as "brand new" but none have been abused.

Strappage is going to be a combination of CW rubber, possibly a CW bracelet (I need to get into the boxes) and maratac with coloured stitching to match the dials.

I would love them to stay together as a set so if any of you lovely people have got around £1200 and a big itch......

My intention is to offer them here first along with the CW Facebook page. Only if interest is low/slow will they then be offerred for sale at other FB watch groups and, eventually, EBay.

If you sent me a PM following my initial post in this thread I am responding to you now....
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands