Christopher Ward smart clasp?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Christopher Ward smart clasp?

Post by jtc »

I know the topic of smart watches came up in the recent chat with Chris/Mike and we all pretty much poo-poo'd the idea, which I still think is correct as a separate project...

However, seeing the kickstarter for just the strap buckle being smart made me think. CW have the excellent bader deployant which could serve as a smart "add-on" for those disruptive types who want a combined mechanical watch and simple fitness (steps, heart rate, etc) tracker.

The issue to my mind with the buckle style tracker on kickstarter is the bulk it adds, because it's trying to be compact but have everything in an extension at the end of the strap. With a deployant, you gain the ability to have the sensors separate from the "button" so maybe have a bit more freedom to make something that's not far off a normal clasp.

A simple bit of software to talk to the Android/iOS fitness APIs and you're done. Instant winner ;)

Just a thought Chris/Mike - my cut will only be a small one :lol:
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: Christopher Ward smart clasp?

Post by Clach77 »

I think that is a very good idea. I'm not keen on wearable technology myself, but that could be just the thing for people who like the idea but prefer a mechanical watch.

A Bader based system could work better, as you say, than the one pictured.
Trying not to buy any more watches...