The New C7 Rapide Motorsport Collection

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
ProfGlenn
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Re: The New C7 Rapide Motorsport Collection

Post by ProfGlenn »

I think the motorsport designs are great, even though I won't be buying. Not sure if anyone has commented - but they have managed to get the case thickness for the Valljoux chronograph down by about 3mm. And that alone is quite impressive. So for all those who think the Trident chrono is just too thick, then this is new chrono auto is a great option.
Glenn

C5 slimline square, C60 MKIII BATMAN, MKII bronze, C70 Ascari, C65 AM GT, C30, C5 revival, C3 MKII white, C3 MKII LE green
Omega Aqua Terra Quartz
aurimask

Post by aurimask »

TimB wrote:Its like any watch with a theme whether motorsport, aviation, divers or dress you may prefer one theme over the other. For me personally I would tend to go for a watch with a motorsport flavour over a divers, its what you like at the end of the day so some might find the C7 range too marmite.

I've put my new C7 against my other watches and I think the overall design holds up very well and makes a good statement in its design. The overlarge numerals is one of the things that for me make the watch bold and attractive :)
It might not fullfil the idea of a motorsport precision instrument that will get used as such, but who cares so long as it looks good on the wrist, that is surely why we buy a watch in the first place :)

Tim.
Tim, I guess it is a personal thing, on how we percieve motorsport. Here a few motorsport watches, that I think lives to my motorsport standard (i have to rob a bank to own all of them though):

TimB
CW-watches: 0

Post by TimB »

aurimask wrote:
TimB wrote:Its like any watch with a theme whether motorsport, aviation, divers or dress you may prefer one theme over the other. For me personally I would tend to go for a watch with a motorsport flavour over a divers, its what you like at the end of the day so some might find the C7 range too marmite.

I've put my new C7 against my other watches and I think the overall design holds up very well and makes a good statement in its design. The overlarge numerals is one of the things that for me make the watch bold and attractive :)
It might not fullfil the idea of a motorsport precision instrument that will get used as such, but who cares so long as it looks good on the wrist, that is surely why we buy a watch in the first place :)

Tim.
Tim, I guess it is a personal thing, on how we percieve motorsport. Here a few motorsport watches, that I think lives to my motorsport standard (i have to rob a bank to own all of them though):

All nice pieces, I had the Tag Carrera for a short while but traded it in for Tag Monaco Gulf :)

Tim.
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

Motorsport or not that's a lovely colourful collection Tim :thumbup:
TimB

Post by TimB »

suicidal_orange wrote:Motorsport or not that's a lovely colourful collection Tim :thumbup:
Thank you, I've Pre-ordered a Tissot 1948 Heritage which should hopefully be joining them next month.

Trying to get away from the motorsport theme :D

Tim.
ProfGlenn
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by ProfGlenn »

The Oris chrono is stunning. What model is it, Tim? I know what I like, and I love the look of that watch!
Glenn

C5 slimline square, C60 MKIII BATMAN, MKII bronze, C70 Ascari, C65 AM GT, C30, C5 revival, C3 MKII white, C3 MKII LE green
Omega Aqua Terra Quartz
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

ProfGlenn wrote:The Oris chrono is stunning. What model is it, Tim? I know what I like, and I love the look of that watch!
It's one of the 2017 Williams F1 range.

https://www.oris.ch/en/watch/oris-willi ... -4-24-50fc
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
ProfGlenn
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by ProfGlenn »

Thanks Phil. It's lovely.
Glenn

Omega Aqua Terra Quartz
TimB

Post by TimB »

ProfGlenn wrote:The Oris chrono is stunning. What model is it, Tim? I know what I like, and I love the look of that watch!
Unfortunately I don't own an Oris as yet :(

Tim.
Hollis Brown
Junior
Junior

Post by Hollis Brown »

TimB wrote:
What the model 2nd from the left please?
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

I have had my eyes on the new Artix GT for a while. I have a few Oris watches already and this one is a favorite as well. The only bad thing is it is about twice as expensive as the C7 three-hander auto.

As far as chronos go, the Certina DS 2 is similar to the C7 COSC. It looks like they have same movements. But the Certina is about the 1/2 the price of the C7 COSC so that's quite a bit better value. Not sure why you really need COSC certification for a HAQ quartz..

Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Hollis Brown wrote:
TimB wrote:
It's a CW C7 Rapide

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/watch ... artz-range
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Hollis Brown
Junior
Junior

Post by Hollis Brown »

Thegreyman wrote:
Hollis Brown wrote:
TimB wrote:
It's a CW C7 Rapide

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/watch ... artz-range
LOL...my brain completely hasn't engaged there!
I actually meant the 2nd on the RIGHT - looks like an old Seiko chrono, but can't make out the logo.
TimB

Post by TimB »

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/watch ... artz-range[/quote]
LOL...my brain completely hasn't engaged there!
I actually meant the 2nd on the RIGHT - looks like an old Seiko chrono, but can't make out the logo.[/quote]

Hi,

It's a Straton Curve Chrono further details here https://www.stratonwc.com/products/curve-chrono

Tim.
Hollis Brown
Junior
Junior

Post by Hollis Brown »

TimB wrote: Hi,
It's a Straton Curve Chrono further details here https://www.stratonwc.com/products/curve-chrono
Tim.
Thanks Tim.
That's a new maker for me - quite like the look of it!