A Shocking Announcement

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
tempus fugit
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Re: A Shocking Announcement

Post by tempus fugit »

I also echo the comments here from many, in saying that Were has been brilliant in resolving my requests and issues over the last eight years of my CW watch ownership, and while her departure will leave a huge hole in CW, I wish her all the very best in her new endeavours.
Alex
4x Omega, 3x CW, 1x Tudor, 1x Tag
yuri9206
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 11

Post by yuri9206 »

Wera, thanks for all. You are a great person.
We all do not forget your work and kindness at CW :wave:
C8 Pilot MK II; C5 Malvern MK II; C60 Trident Pro 600 black; C11 Titanium Extreme 1000; C65 Trident Classic LE; C60 Trident Titanium Pro 600 #2; C60 Trident Pro 600 white; C11 MSL Black Manta; C11 Titanium Elite 500; C8 Mark I; C11 Makaira pro 500 orange
richtea
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Post by richtea »

Just a quick word to wish Wera a fulfilling future non CW life :D :D :D

A very helpful and knowledgeable lady who represented a rare sense of individual customer service :clap: :clap: :clap: ..... something all too often missing from modern organisations

Best Regards and many thanks for your help in the past

RichT
6 x C Ward
Assorted Swiss and
Japanese Quartz/Autos etc ...

Open the pod doors Hal !! :lol:
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

Wow, I've not been visiting for quite a while and I come back to this.... :shock:

She will be missed, because not only was Wera great at sorting out many issues and fulfilling all sorts of requests, she contributed a warm personal touch and gave CWL a nice family feel.

On the other hand, I think it's about time that she took a deserved rest from all this. It must have been very tiring to seemingly be the main person who could smooth out any wrinkles and soothe ruffled feathers.

CWL's customer service department will need to stand on their own feet now without her as the safety net. And I think that's good in the long run. So they need to get some proper SOP in place, and also aim for Wera's style of friendly yet professional (and commonsensical) interaction with customers.

Good luck, Wera! Enjoy your new challenges!

[I only read the first 4 pages of well wishes, so hopefully I haven't repeated wholesale what someone may have posted]
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by gatehealing »

Oh no. Wera has been extremely helpful for me in ways that there was absolutely no reason for her be. I won't list them here as I imagine others have mentioned the same.

Safe to say that of my 10-15 CWL watches, she had a major role in my decision to purchase. I doubt they will find a replacement; instead I'm sure they'll find a nice person to sit at her desk, but not replace.

Really another huge loss for the company and the customers.

Jon
deanward

Post by deanward »

Never had the opportunity or need but I hear amazing things - Onward and upward...
raserion

Post by raserion »

I've had the pleasure of being helped by Wera, truly a wonderful experience. Best wishes for your future endeavors Wera! You will be missed by all.
skimrok
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by skimrok »

Wera was 1 in a million , I wish her well ;)
Steve

C9 Blue LE /C60 Black
Also other various brands in my collection
BerlinCW
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by BerlinCW »

asqwerth wrote:Wow, I've not been visiting for quite a while and I come back to this.... :shock:

She will be missed, because not only was Wera great at sorting out many issues and fulfilling all sorts of requests, she contributed a warm personal touch and gave CWL a nice family feel.

On the other hand, I think it's about time that she took a deserved rest from all this. It must have been very tiring to seemingly be the main person who could smooth out any wrinkles and soothe ruffled feathers.

CWL's customer service department will need to stand on their own feet now without her as the safety net. And I think that's good in the long run. So they need to get some proper SOP in place, and also aim for Wera's style of friendly yet professional (and commonsensical) interaction with customers.

Good luck, Wera! Enjoy your new challenges!

[I only read the first 4 pages of well wishes, so hopefully I haven't repeated wholesale what someone may have posted]

Snap, I've been busy and not visited.

I agree with everything you have said.

She will be missed but the circle of life goes on.

Best wishes Wera and thank you for all of your help.
ciclismosam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by ciclismosam »

In all my dealings with CWL Wera was always such a helpful, professional, and went above and beyond. She will be missed, but here is to hoping for the best in her next endeavors. Thanks Wera!
Family CWLs: C1 Grand Malvern Moonphase, C1 Worldtimer, C5 Malvern Quartz in Purple, C900 Single Pusher 148/250
My CWLs: C3 Mk II Malvern in Green, C3 2017 FLE 31/50, C60 51 Squadron Trident 300
https://www.instagram.com/thesambrower/
CornishDave
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by CornishDave »

I am no longer a regular on here so I have only just spotted this. Thank you for your help in the past Wera and I wish you all that you would wish for yourself in the future!
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

A Shocking Announcement

Post by gaf1958 »

There've been a number of comments hoping that someone will step in (well, up) to fill Wera's shoes.

It's early days yet, but I've dealt with Scott a few times recently, and I must say I've been quite happy with the interactions. Credit where credit's due.

Hopefully Wera's positive influence will be her legacy at CW.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Ranger
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 19

Post by Ranger »

Today was my first contact with customer services since Wera vacated her post.

Wera...Missing you already. :clap:
Gettin' A Whole Lot Older Every Day...
Texican
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Texican »

Very sad news, however being recently retired from a high stress job, I can understand and appreciate her decision. I bought my 2 CWL watches through Wera and she was so patient and professional in all her dealings with me that I've become a huge CWL fan. I will miss her, and hope that the next person I deal with at CWL, will represent the company as well as she did. Good Luck and happy life Wera!
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

I emailed customer services on the 10th, no response yet. Enquiring about a strap a NN watch was sent on seems a bit of a basic one to send to Chris.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex