Single Hand watches

Discuss Christopher Ward watches

Re: Single Hand watches

Postby dmc102 » Wed May 17, 2017 6:19 pm

missF wrote:^ i like the clean look of the wundr, but i wundr if the 24 hour dial would be a counterintuitive step too far for me - something else to get my head around while reading the time making it harder to glance and read. i love the concept, though, of having daylight hours on the top half of the dial.

Snap! I really like that dial arrangement - something I've not seen before.

The -ish time, though, would play havoc with my OCD, especially when trying to set it!
dmc102
Junior
Junior
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:27 pm
CW-watches: 4

Re: Single Hand watches

Postby golfjunky » Wed May 17, 2017 7:02 pm

I feel your OCD pain and for that reason I'm out!
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Seiko SRPB43J1, C60 Trident, Casio G Shock 2327, Garmin Vivoactive
User avatar
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
 
Posts: 3789
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:32 pm
Location: Essex
CW-watches: 1

Re: Single Hand watches

Postby Colsman » Wed May 17, 2017 8:59 pm

New brand of the 24 hour and 12 hour single hand watches - Svalbard. All models are numbered Limited Edition (500 pcs. only). This collection will be released in the middle of June. All details at official website: http://www.svalbard.watch

Image
User avatar
Colsman
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:24 pm
Location: Finland
CW-watches: 1

Re: Single Hand watches

Postby Watchamacallit » Thu May 18, 2017 6:19 am

Some interesting looking watches being offered by Svalbard, but I think the NORDLYS BB14 could test one's eyes and patience.
Image
Watchamacallit
Senior
Senior
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:20 am
Location: North Carolina, USA
CW-watches: 2

Re: Single Hand watches

Postby BerlinCW » Thu May 18, 2017 7:24 am

Watchamacallit wrote:Some interesting looking watches being offered by Svalbard, but I think the NORDLYS BB14 could test one's eyes and patience.
Image


Greetings,

Very similar to an offering by Defakto............

http://www.defakto-uhren.de/en/watches/detail/monoink/

They offer several versions.
BerlinCW
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
 
Posts: 1150
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:15 pm

Re: Single Hand watches

Postby srs1286 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:47 pm

For anyone interested in the MK3 jumping hour, it appears there is a 43mm with bracelet on CW's site for 51% off. You have to type in the search bar to find it.

Not a true single hander, but thought worth a post!
Scott
C3 MkIII FLE | C11 Vintage PVD | C60 Titanium V1
srs1286
Forumgod
Forumgod
 
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:06 pm
Location: USA
CW-watches: 3

Re: Single Hand watches

Postby Colsman » Fri May 19, 2017 7:50 pm

BerlinCW wrote:
Watchamacallit wrote:Some interesting looking watches being offered by Svalbard, but I think the NORDLYS BB14 could test one's eyes and patience.

Greetings,

Very similar to an offering by Defakto............

http://www.defakto-uhren.de/en/watches/detail/monoink/

They offer several versions.


Close to similar, but different:
Defakto dial is simple printed and with standard hand, Svalbard dial with a pressed pattern and with other hand style
User avatar
Colsman
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:24 pm
Location: Finland
CW-watches: 1

Re: Single Hand watches

Postby shalferty75 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:45 pm

Recently filled a gap in my watch winder with a Meistersinger and I love it. Simple, clean and after a day, you get used to the single hand. I'd been looking for a while and a local store became an official dealer, tried a few on and was sold.
shalferty75
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:31 pm

Re: Single Hand watches

Postby EddieTheBeast » Thu May 25, 2017 1:37 pm

shalferty75 wrote:Recently filled a gap in my watch winder with a Meistersinger and I love it. Simple, clean and after a day, you get used to the single hand. I'd been looking for a while and a local store became an official dealer, tried a few on and was sold.


Congratulations - it'd be great to see a few photos :thumbup: :thumbup:
Dean Image
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”
Benjamin Franklin
User avatar
EddieTheBeast
Forumgod
Forumgod
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:31 am
CW-watches: 2

Re: Single Hand watches

Postby EddieTheBeast » Thu May 25, 2017 1:46 pm

Colsman wrote:New brand of the 24 hour and 12 hour single hand watches - Svalbard. All models are numbered Limited Edition (500 pcs. only). This collection will be released in the middle of June. All details at official website: http://www.svalbard.watch

Image


I like the Svalbard Solfestuka AA11 (top left above) and Svalbard Solfestuka AA14 (top right above)
Dean Image
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”
Benjamin Franklin
User avatar
EddieTheBeast
Forumgod
Forumgod
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:31 am
CW-watches: 2

Re: Single Hand watches

Postby EddieTheBeast » Thu May 25, 2017 1:50 pm

srs1286 wrote:For anyone interested in the MK3 jumping hour, it appears there is a 43mm with bracelet on CW's site for 51% off. You have to type in the search bar to find it.

Not a true single hander, but thought worth a post!


The JH is still 51% off - shame it's the 43mm version :(
Dean Image
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”
Benjamin Franklin
User avatar
EddieTheBeast
Forumgod
Forumgod
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:31 am
CW-watches: 2

Re: Single Hand watches

Postby EddieTheBeast » Thu May 25, 2017 1:56 pm

EddieTheBeast wrote:
srs1286 wrote:For anyone interested in the MK3 jumping hour, it appears there is a 43mm with bracelet on CW's site for 51% off. You have to type in the search bar to find it.

Not a true single hander, but thought worth a post!


The JH is still 51% off - shame it's the 43mm version :(


In fact upon closer inspection it says '43mm version' but all of the codes and sizes everywhere else state 40mm :? :shock:
Dean Image
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”
Benjamin Franklin
User avatar
EddieTheBeast
Forumgod
Forumgod
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:31 am
CW-watches: 2

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Korkki, robinbarke and 27 guests

Christopher Ward Website