Help plz CW pulsometer -10 s/day

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Manafom

Help plz CW pulsometer -10 s/day

Post by Manafom »

Hi there,
I received my CW pulsometer 3 days ago.
It is COSC certified. The certification says it loses -1.33 second/day on average (mean). which sounds excellent except that I have noticed -10 seconds/day for the last 3 days. after 1st day -10 , 2nd -18, 3dr -30.
Anyone knows whats wrong with ? what should I do ?
Thanks
ProfGlenn
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Re: Help plz CW pulsometer -10 s/day

Post by ProfGlenn »

Hi. These things can be worrying and annoying when you have spent a wad of cash. Read the COSC certificate. Look at the readings for each position. It will not necessarily be between -4 and +6 for every position. The watch may not like certain positions. You'll get a better average reading on a winder - say over 5 days. -10 is a lot but sometimes the watches bed in a bit. The other things is, on a winder the dial tends to be facing upwards at 45 degrees but sometimes the COSC certificate might say indicate that the watch's favourite position (for timekeeping) is dial facing down and horizontal .....

Hopefully this will help you achieve within tolerance.

Best
Glenn
Glenn

C5 slimline square, C60 MKIII BATMAN, MKII bronze, C70 Ascari, C65 AM GT, C30, C5 revival, C3 MKII white, C3 MKII LE green
Omega Aqua Terra Quartz
Renton
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by Renton »

Could have become magnetised?
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Renton wrote:Could have become magnetised?
Magnetization usually results in a watch running fast.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia Z Premium using Tapatalk
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Manafom

Post by Manafom »

ProfGlenn wrote:Hi. These things can be worrying and annoying when you have spent a wad of cash. Read the COSC certificate. Look at the readings for each position. It will not necessarily be between -4 and +6 for every position. The watch may not like certain positions. You'll get a better average reading on a winder - say over 5 days. -10 is a lot but sometimes the watches bed in a bit. The other things is, on a winder the dial tends to be facing upwards at 45 degrees but sometimes the COSC certificate might say indicate that the watch's favourite position (for timekeeping) is dial facing down and horizontal .....

Hopefully this will help you achieve within tolerance.

Best
Glenn
Thanks for the nice reply Glenn, I appreciate it. After the first few days the watch became accurate as it is suppose to be (-2s / last 36 hrs). Last week the error was about -5s /5-6 days. I don't know what happened but I think the watch was poorly charged in the beginning. It had 0 charge just out of the box when I first wore it and I wasn't really active then. I didn't know that would affect the accuracy but I guess you learn something new everyday. I still might be wrong tho.
The watch is beautiful and I love it.
Thanks
ProfGlenn
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by ProfGlenn »

Hi - that's good news. The small second is a beautiful watch and almost perfect in size. Glad to hear it is behaving now. Enjoy!

The other thing I didn't mention is that the COSC 5day watches need about 2.5 days of charge at least left on the watch to be within COSC. Beyond that you shouldn't expect a COSC reading....

However, you can use this to your advantage because if you charge it fully and it gains, say 4 seconds over a couple of days and you allow the charge to run down, you might actually find that after 4.5 days, it has cancelled itself out and is back at almost zero over the 5 days.....it is worth playing around with it. It is a bit like a living thing and you might be able to make it perform brilliantly with a bit of TLC.

G
Glenn

C5 slimline square, C60 MKIII BATMAN, MKII bronze, C70 Ascari, C65 AM GT, C30, C5 revival, C3 MKII white, C3 MKII LE green
Omega Aqua Terra Quartz
ProfGlenn
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by ProfGlenn »

What i mean is if a watch gains say 4s per day over couple of days or so then slips out of COSC and loses say 8s per day over the next day or so, you know to wind it up every three days or so to have brilliant accuracy ...if that makes sense.
Glenn

Omega Aqua Terra Quartz