Is the criticism justified?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Harpy
Senior
Senior

Re: Is the criticism justified?

Post by Harpy »

My C2 and C5 had crown issues (thread issues and wouldn't advance date wheel) so they both had to go back for repair and, eventually, sold on. I lost faith in the brand. Others I know have had numerous issues, with a poor returns rate (circa 50%). This is why I've dipped away from the brand for a while but hope, now, that quality control is being properly addressed. No one should spend this sort of money and expect anything to go wrong. I have bought many watches over the years and none have gone wrong. The stats expressed here, and before, are not something CW, for its fans alone, should feel proud about. Such a shame, yet I do feel optimistic after the merger and rebranding that these unnecessary QC issues will be addressed .. quality over quantity counts for alot, espeically when a brand has high aspirations.
rogco
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by rogco »

Question:

I ordered the slimline square steel blue and received the white dial. Wera asked me to ship the watch back using the United States Postal Service with Tracking, and once CW receives the watch, they will ship the new one to me and will refund my shipping. I live in the USA. My question: Is it unreasonable of me to spend $73 on shipping to have the watch delivered next Wednesday? It seems outrageously expensive, but I justify it to myself because CW could have sent out the correct watch last Thursday when they were notified, instead of waiting to send the watch until after they receive the wrong watch back and process it.

Factors to take into account, the next tier of shipping is described as delivery in "one to two weeks" and costs about $30.
Shooter723
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Shooter723 »

rogco wrote:Question:

I ordered the slimline square steel blue and received the white dial. Wera asked me to ship the watch back using the United States Postal Service with Tracking, and once CW receives the watch, they will ship the new one to me and will refund my shipping. I live in the USA. My question: Is it unreasonable of me to spend $73 on shipping to have the watch delivered next Wednesday? It seems outrageously expensive, but I justify it to myself because CW could have sent out the correct watch last Thursday when they were notified, instead of waiting to send the watch until after they receive the wrong watch back and process it.

Factors to take into account, the next tier of shipping is described as delivery in "one to two weeks" and costs about $30.
My opinion is it was their mistake they should've sent you a return mail label postage paid or emailed it to you and you can print it out it's crazy that it should have to come out of your pocket. Not to mention it will probably be about a month before you receive the watch you paid for. They should give you a voucher for a future purchase or a discount on the amount you paid.
CW C9 5day 40mm white face black leather strap,CW Trident pro 600, Omega seamaster gmt, Orient m-force black, Orient m- force orange, ROLEX day date presidents bracelet , Seiko sarb65, Lumi-nox 8150, to many others to list
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Caller »

Shooter723 wrote:
rogco wrote:Question:

My opinion is it was their mistake they should've sent you a return mail label postage paid or emailed it to you and you can print it out it's crazy that it should have to come out of your pocket. Not to mention it will probably be about a month before you receive the watch you paid for. They should give you a voucher for a future purchase or a discount on the amount you paid.
I think once you are able to provide them with proof you have returned the watch, they should ship the correct one to you by whatever their premium service is at their cost.
'Tis me
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

They've sent you the wrong product! It's their mess to solve, you shouldn't have to lift a finger.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
realmccoy12406
Senior
Senior

Post by realmccoy12406 »

Just received a C9 5 Day ordered from the recent clearance sale. The watch was pictured as having the original thin hands, but arrived with the new style hands. Not sure if it's a deal breaker at this point, but still frustrating.
And as many others have mentioned. One corner of the box was damaged.
Harpy
Senior
Senior

Post by Harpy »

How many staff does CW employ, does anyone know? Assuming QCing is done in UK.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Harpy wrote:How many staff does CW employ, does anyone know? Assuming QCing is done in UK.
Don't know the full roll call of staff @ CWL but the 'Gift Guide 2016' in the #3 Winter 2016 edition of CWL's Loupe magazine, pages 19-34, gives you a run down of the main personnel.

Hope this helps you; as a newbie wanting to learn lots. :thumbup:

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Memcdowe
Senior
Senior

Post by Memcdowe »

CBMVic20 wrote:On the whole, and during my limited time on the forums, it seems to me that CW gets it more in the neck for logo changes and design rather than customer service.
I'm not questioning the customer service - it remains excellent - I am suggesting that if regular, avoidable mistakes weren't made there would be no need for customer services to rectify them.[/quote]

Exactly. Wera has gone above and beyond to correct errors that could have been easily avoided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rogco
Senior
Senior

Post by rogco »

It's been seven days now since I notified CW I received the wrong watch, and five since they have had the tracking number for the postage back. Wera emailed me on Monday saying she had put in an order for the replacement watch to be shipped via Express Courier. I'm not sure if it has been shipped yet (emailed Wera back yesterday looking for a tracking number). Just emailed now to follow up again and to inquire how they plan to refund the shipping costs.
carlt69
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by carlt69 »

At present I'd say some criticism is justified, I along with quite a few others have ordered a £500+ watch and for 2 weeks have heard nothing about a delay or anything.

CW need to address this simple lack of communication otherwise people will just go else where.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tudor BB Blue
Tudor Pelagos :D
BALL Fireman Storm Chaser Pro
CWL C60 Trident Pro
Vostok Europe Almaz Bronze
Casio G-Shock x 2
Tissot T-Touch Expert Titanium
rogco
Senior
Senior

Post by rogco »

What is (hopefully) my final update. Apparently the delay was due to their being no more old logo steel blue slimline squares in stock so when the order was made nothing happened. Wera offered me either an old logo slimline round or a new logo slimline square. I went with the new logo slimline square as it really is about the square dial and blue face. It should be mailed on Monday. Also got an email saying my shipping costs should be refunded to paypal shortly.

I'm not to fussed about the change in logo (I know some here would be). To me the shape and color were to two main factors, and Wera offered me a satisfactory solution. At this point I feel sorry for Wera as there seem to be a lot of problems at the moment with CW's system in regards to accurately reflecting available stock, picking and packing, and shipping, and she's the one who has to deal with all of it. I get the feeling she is completely swamped with customer complaint issues due to problems well outside her control.
triffidman
Guru
Guru

Post by triffidman »

rogco wrote:I get the feeling she is completely swamped with customer complaint issues due to problems well outside her control.
I understood that Wera is married to the owner of the company, Christopher Ward himself, so if things are outside of her control, then I'm not sure who else could improve their processes and supplier performance! She clearly has to work very hard to seemingly mop up the mess her employees often leave her in.

I too feel sorry for her, it seems established forum members and newbies have to call on her involvement all too often.
C60 GMT (SOKKO)
C40 Chronograph

Laco Helsinki
Tissot T Touch Expert

Casio G-Shock Frogman
Casio G-Shock GPW-1000
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

I can testify to Wera working very hard.

Recently I've had emails from her late on Saturday nights.

I replied and told her to go home :D
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

triffidman wrote:
rogco wrote:I get the feeling she is completely swamped with customer complaint issues due to problems well outside her control.
I understood that Wera is married to the owner of the company, Christopher Ward himself, so if things are outside of her control, then I'm not sure who else could improve their processes and supplier performance! She clearly has to work very hard to seemingly mop up the mess her employees often leave her in.

I too feel sorry for her, it seems established forum members and newbies have to call on her involvement all too often.
He's not THE owner, just a minority shareholder if previous info is true.
She does go way above and beyond the call of duty for the company that bears her husbands name tho'