New Trident range now live!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
sdj
CW-watches: 2

Re: New Trident range now live!

Post by sdj »

Dancematt wrote:Was nice of them to run with my idea of balancing the logo with a Day/ date window on the opposing side. Where do I collect the check?
This was my other effort, using the new logo to balance the date window at 3o'clock. Could use some tweaking but you get the idea.

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

I like Nordwulf's latest pic of the C60 - even the new font looks fine as it's balanced plus it keeps the TRIDENT wording on the dial, like the date move to 6 and all the hour bars are the same size.....Oh why didn't CW just think a bit longer or do some sort of user survey amongst the Forum higher ups
dodsi
Junior
Junior

Post by dodsi »

Thing is, there is always the option not to purchase - the more I look at the new trident the more it grows on me and the more I retract previous statements.
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

dodsi wrote:Thing is, there is always the option not to purchase - the more I look at the new trident the more it grows on me and the more I retract previous statements.
It happened to me; too. At first I hated it, but with time I've come to respect what it's trying to do. I really like how cleaner it is compared to the old dials.

Interestingly I was having dinner with my mom last night, and wanted a female perspective on the dial change. She's aware of CW due to all my purchasing, and understands their catalogue pretty well. She's kind of into watches herself now. Hehe.

Anyway, looking at the side by side picture I made of the 43mm, she said she preferred the new dial as soon as she looked at it. She liked how cleaner it was, the symmetry at the bottom, and the gap at top didn't bother her. That gave me confidence to purchase one as I do wear watches as jewelry items. I wonder how other women feel about it?
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
dodsi
Junior
Junior

Post by dodsi »

Devarika Woulf wrote:
dodsi wrote:Thing is, there is always the option not to purchase - the more I look at the new trident the more it grows on me and the more I retract previous statements.
It happened to me; too. At first I hated it, but with time I've come to respect what it's trying to do. I really like how cleaner it is compared to the old dials.

Interestingly I was having dinner with my mom last night, and wanted a female perspective on the dial change. She's aware of CW due to all my purchasing, and understands their catalogue pretty well. She's kind of into watches herself now. Hehe.

Anyway, looking at the side by side picture I made of the 43mm, she said she preferred the new dial as soon as she looked at it. She liked how cleaner it was, the symmetry at the bottom, and the gap at top didn't bother her. That gave me confidence to purchase one as I do wear watches as jewelry items. I wonder how other women feel about it?
My wife really likes it, beyond the look of Tag Aquaracer and Omega seamaster... However she may just be trying to get me to spend less.
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by DEV.Woulf »

Hey, at least the cheaper one isn't crap. :D

It occurred to me that if the original Ian Fleming books and films came out today, the C65 and C60 could very well fit the description of watches James Bond would wear. In the books he wore the Explorer because it was a reliable but affordable watch he could replace if needed. The C65 could work very well there. Of course the movies used the Submariner, and we know the C60 is an homage to it. Modern Rolex or Omega are fitting for the over the top films, but seem too posh for Fleming's serious Bond. The CWs tick all the boxes for an affordable, quality watch.

Joseph.
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

Devarika Woulf wrote:....

I've stated from the start that I believe CWL's designs are generally appealing to females (which is why I wish there were more under 40mm watches) because they aren't full-on super-macho military spec or tough guy type watches.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
Peterj

Post by Peterj »

Checked out this post to see if other more experienced forum readers were grappling with the same questions over the dial. I still have a hard time liking the new dial here (seems too fashion watch) to me. Showed my wife the side by side comparison. She often notices my watches and comments favorably on the CWs but wonders why I need three iterations of the C60 (white/black, black/green and vintage DLC). Anyway, she immediately favored the new logo and placement. Go figure.
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by DEV.Woulf »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Joseph.
densemania

Post by densemania »

Thats actualy my problem, too :) Maybe we need some time to make accustomed with it
densemania

Post by densemania »

dan_bro wrote:
nordwulf wrote:So many possibilities.. ;)

Looks good - I want one!
order one for me too :D
Tangerine_sedge
Junior
Junior

Post by Tangerine_sedge »

Peterj wrote:Showed my wife the side by side comparison. She often notices my watches and comments favorably on the CWs but wonders why I need three iterations of the C60 (white/black, black/green and vintage DLC). Anyway, she immediately favored the new logo and placement.
It sounds to me like she's giving you authority to purchase another with the new logo... :)
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Peterj wrote:Checked out this post to see if other more experienced forum readers were grappling with the same questions over the dial. I still have a hard time liking the new dial here (seems too fashion watch) to me. Showed my wife the side by side comparison. She often notices my watches and comments favorably on the CWs but wonders why I need three iterations of the C60 (white/black, black/green and vintage DLC). Anyway, she immediately favored the new logo and placement. Go figure.
Thats a definite invite to add another new logo to your collection then hey! :D :D
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

densemania wrote:
dan_bro wrote:
nordwulf wrote:So many possibilities.. ;)

Looks good - I want one!
order one for me too :D
I know I'm fairly new to the world of CW watches, but I think they've missed a trick by not including the 'flag logo' on the dials. I like it, nice and simple
Psalty
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Psalty »

Kip wrote:The hands are in about the worst position they could be for the new version. Put the hands of both watches in different positions like 12,6 or 10:10 or others to compare.

Both will look different with the hands at different times.
Isn't that the truth? Commercial photogs place watch hands JUST SO.
Gregory