Sale now on

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
nordwulf

Re: Sale now on

Post by nordwulf »

So not tempted at all...! :D Don't care for chrono's and the C8 flyers are either too big in 44mm or too small at 38mm. They all are nice but I would be buying them for the deal and not because I really want them.

Still recovering from the recent C60 acquisations..

Edit: Those 44mm C8 Flyers are only 11.5mm in height and 87 gr so probably wear nice.. No, not gonna do it..
dan_bro
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by dan_bro »

nordwulf wrote:So not tempted at all...! :D Don't care for chrono's and the C8 flyers are either too big in 44mm or too small at 38mm. They all are nice but I would be buying them for the deal and not because I really want them.

Still recovering from the recent C60 acquisations..

Edit: Those 44mm C8 Flyers are only 11.5mm in height and 87 gr so probably wear nice.. No, not gonna do it..
:?

Don't regret not buying!
Taztastic

Post by Taztastic »

CBMVic20 wrote:I would have been all over this but:

1. No running second hand
2. No date window
3. I already have a a 7750 (very nice movement, I get more than 50 hours from mine)
Still awaiting my repaired C7 to come back, CW have had it longer than me now :lol:
Seen the sale and sorely tempted with the C1000

As to the pints above,
1. could the second hand not be left running by using the chrono function, I'm new so may be asking a dumb question, although I am searching on here for answers too, I am a mod on another forum so understand it can be infuriating asking for ground already covered.
2. no date doesn't bother me
3. I want a 7750 and this seems a very good entry into them?

Cheers for any help

Paul
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

Taztastic wrote:
CBMVic20 wrote:I would have been all over this but:

1. No running second hand
2. No date window
3. I already have a a 7750 (very nice movement, I get more than 50 hours from mine)
Still awaiting my repaired C7 to come back, CW have had it longer than me now :lol:
Seen the sale and sorely tempted with the C1000

As to the pints above,
1. could the second hand not be left running by using the chrono function, I'm new so may be asking a dumb question?
2. no date doesn't bother me
3. I want a 7750 and this seems a very good entry into them?

Paul

Answer - yes, but the second hand is linked to the chrono dials not to the minute hand, also it's not advised to leave the chrono function running permanently.

Date not necessary & yes, it's a great entry to get a ceramic watch with a 7750, in fact it's probably the steal of the year!
CBMVic20
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by CBMVic20 »

If you haven't got a 7750 this is a superb deal, the same movement can be found in far more expensive Omega, Breitling and Tag watches costing 4 figures.
CW C9 SH21 | C60 Apex SH21 | C65 SH21
Ernst Benz Chronoscope DLC
Oris WilliamsF1 Day Date 2004
Phoibos Leviathan DLC
Seiko 5 Sports Orange "Baby" Monster
Tag Aquaracer | F1 Panda

Too many watches, not enough time :(
Taztastic

Post by Taztastic »

I have heard a great deal about the 7750 over the years, and aspired to own one, this offer looks on the face of it very good indeed, I prefer the look of the non ceramic model in the offer. I'll keep you posted, I can see venturing onto this forum is going to get expensive, despite my first CW purchase going awry.
There is little out there I really like, some nice IWC stuff etc but way out of my league.
Matta
Senior
Senior

Post by Matta »

Thermexman wrote:
dan_bro wrote:I've also just launched a C1000 Typhoon :)
Well done. Which one? I've gone FGR4 Ceramic black/black on black nato

How do you choose different strap than default khaki ?
I would like something black but not seeing black nylon nor black nato available, under straps.
AdDaMan
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by AdDaMan »

Taztastic wrote:I have heard a great deal about the 7750 over the years, and aspired to own one, this offer looks on the face of it very good indeed, I prefer the look of the non ceramic model in the offer. I'll keep you posted, I can see venturing onto this forum is going to get expensive, despite my first CW purchase going awry.
There is little out there I really like, some nice IWC stuff etc but way out of my league.
The C8 flyer? That's not a 7750 obviously.
Unless you meant one of the C1000 because they are both ceramic.
Taztastic

Post by Taztastic »

Sorry, I didn't realise, my mistake, I mean the one without numbers, that one has now disappeared from the sale pages anyway, these things go quickly!
Bounce
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Bounce »

CBMVic20 wrote:If you haven't got a 7750 this is a superb deal, the same movement can be found in far more expensive Omega, Breitling and Tag watches costing 4 figures.
This must be a modified 7750 movement as most Omega's, Tag's etc have a small second hand & a date function.
I have this movement in my Omega Chrono & must say it is very accurate, gains about 2 secs a day constant.
I think it is a steal at this price.
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Omega Speedmaster Professional.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Tudor Harrods BB
Bremont ALT1 World Timer
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
C60 Trident MK3 Tide.
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

ataripower wrote:Just bought myself a Typhoon Cockpit and black, black to try. Oh know, what if I like them both? Nervous twitch!
I was so tempted to get the black / blck to go with my Cockpit edition but couldn't really justify it.

I haven't seen the black / black going cheap before but there were a lot of Cockpit versions at £700 not very long ago.

Even though this means the Cockpit ones aren't a 'real' half price they are still an extra 20% off the last batch so that's a good £150 cheaper and still a good deal :)
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Matta wrote:
Thermexman wrote:
dan_bro wrote:I've also just launched a C1000 Typhoon :)
Well done. Which one? I've gone FGR4 Ceramic black/black on black nato

I would like something black but not seeing black nylon nor black nato available, under straps.
First thing this morning there were choices. The black must have all gone by the time you looked. Even the olive/khaki has gone now. Only cockpit editions left.
Steve.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

You never know there might be some returns on these. I went to the Showroom probably about 2 years ago now to try the black version on as it looked great in photos but when I tried it on it looked a bit "dull" maybe due to black/black/black (and like black), so someone might find the same. Can't remember what I bought instead, possibly the Battle of Britain.

Might be worth emailing Wera.
realmccoy12406
Senior
Senior

Post by realmccoy12406 »

Grabbed a Typhoon earlier today Grey/Black
And have 3 C8's in the basket. Tough choice narrowing it down to one. Leaning towards the Vintage Black on Black.
dan_bro
Junior
Junior

Post by dan_bro »

Thermexman wrote:
Matta wrote: Well done. Which one? I've gone FGR4 Ceramic black/black on black nato
I actually ordered the C1000 Typhoon - Cockpit Edition, with a grey high-density nylon strap, with a sports clasp. Again in this range they only have the ones left with the NATO straps. I personally don't like NATO straps.